Openbox V5S or V8S?

kevotrfc

Hi, new to this, I've read up a bit and spoke to a couple of people I know who are already on this bus.

Most people seem to have an Openbox V5S. The Openbox V8S has an extra USB port and supports webtv.

I just want someone experienced at these type of boxes opinion, should I go for the bog standard V5S or 'daring' V8S? Is there any real difference?

Also from reading up webtv means I can watch TV series on itunes and amazon etc, but can you watch youtube on your TV etc as well?

Cheers

in my experience web tv is the only difference on the v8s and its shite id stick with the v5s. but that's up to you.

Thanks for the feedback. If I go for these boxes I think I will stick to the F5S.

I've googled the Cloud? ibox 2 plus. As far as I cod make out the main /only difference is you get a TV guide that looks like Sly? Is this correct? Are there anythat would be great and for £80 it seems worth it. Any other things better?

Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks for the feedback. If I go for these boxes I think I will stick to the F5S.

I've googled the Cloud? ibox 2 plus. As far as I cod make out the main /only difference is you get a TV guide that looks like Sly? Is this correct? Are there anythat would be great and for £80 it seems worth it. Any other things better?

Thanks in advance guys.

iBox 2 plus can be had for £60 this is enigma2 box so it supports a lot of functions some including different skins/plugins which can be iptv/catchup tv and a proper epg.

Trust me once you use one of these boxes you will never touch these cheap closed sources openbox types again.

£80 mark could get you a multi tuner box which means you can either record and watch different program or you get option to have sat and cable one giving the option to go on either system

V8S is better than the f5s, has 2 usb ports and the box itself is more compact, i agree the webtv is shite, but the box itself for a first time box, and purely for a tv box without all the extra frills i personally think it is a great box for the price

Hi, Ive bought V8s box. Trying to change clines. Done the 6666 to bring up cline in menu but when I click on this to manage clines it is not showing any so can't edit them or add new oness. Any ideas please???

Create a new .txt document on your desktop on your computer. Paste your c line into the document, go to save as and save file as cccam.cfg, and make sure file type is ALL FILES. Now put this file on a fat 32 formatted usb, plug into box, then go to.... Menu, network settings, cam settings, cccam, upload file via usb, select file, upload, reboot box and should be done

Hi thanks for reply. Done most of that. Uploaded file via usb and it now shows as one line on cline management. It says it is ' offline'. if I click on it and then ADD it asks for protocal/password etc ???Any ideas

Is your internet activated on your box? Go to network settings, internet setting, and make sure your ethernet or wifi (whichever you are using) is active

Thank you. What a numpty. Internet was plugged in and two green lights on but turned off on settings. Got alot of channels now, many thanks

I have a BM7000 Blade which is causing lots of freezing and glitches etc. I am thinking to replace it with OPENBOX V5S or LIBERTVIEW SKYBOX F5S.
My subs supplier is telling me that freezing and intermittently subs disconnection is caused by the Blade.
Please tell me which box to buy to watch the TV peacefully.
Thank you in advance for your feed.
Regards,
munnabhai

Thank you. What a numpty. Internet was plugged in and two green lights on but turned off on settings. Got alot of channels now, many thanks

Have new problem, moved box around to tidy up thinking all was OK and turned box/telly/router off at the mains. Have now lost channels again. Tried reloading cline codes but comes up with LOGIN/OFFLINE. Checked internet connection and its OK. Any ideas ??

Yes, tried that.

---------- Post Merged at 04:35 PM ----------

Silly question but do the cline codes just work once??

No, they are active codes that last as long as your subscription. Take out you lnb cable and connect again, could be a loose connection

So annoying. Got Youtube app. so internet is OK. Codes are loaded in just this LOGIN when I highlight CLINE or OFFLINE showing when srolling menu on the side of the page.

---------- Post Merged at 05:30 PM ----------

thats not so clear.

I have loaded cline code back in after deleting old one. Channels are scrambled, when I go to CLINE management and click on code it is blue and has LOGIN next to it. How do I Login????

OK. Think I finally cracked it. For future reference it does not seem to want to load up clines with internet on. I disabled internet completely, deleted all clines, then reboot. Load clines back on then turn internet on. Strange but seems to work. Thanks for your help

Back