Openbox V6S - Not working

d.i.s.c.o

I bought an Openbox V6S.

I tried to set it up using wifi (using both dhcp and static ip addresses) but the WIFI Manager which should have allowed me to choose my wireless network was greyed out.

I then conneceted it to Ethernet and configured it using DHCP and Static IP and the Openbox was then visible through my BT Router/hub. I then went to Network Apps>Youtube but nothing worked.

The OpenBox has Software Vers 3511hd_07_12_2014_0923 installed. So I was going to upgrade the firmware to see if that fixes it. The firmware i have does not allow me to upgrade over a network so I first of all need to upgrade it to one that will

I have been onto the YoJiatech.com website and couldnt identify the right one.

I have been onto the http://www.openbox.net.cn/V6S/Download.htm website and there was only a Portugese .dbs??

I have also been onto the https://eopenbox.co.uk website and couldnt identify the correct file.

Hopefully someone here can help?

firstly, what are you hoping to do with this box? - it is very old now, I doubt iptv will run on it, and there's no sky sports or sky movies on satellite any more, unless you have motorised dish set up?

firstly, what are you hoping to do with this box? - it is very old now, I doubt iptv will run on it, and there's no sky sports or sky movies on satellite any more, unless you have motorised dish set up?

Hi Pablo I really don't know what the box is capable of. I have a satellite dish but it has never been connected to sky, when I built the house I had it fitted to save me going up the ladder again. I was under the impression that if I plugged the Openbox in and connected it the internet it would give me all the channels - better than the fire stick (or so I was told) - at the moment I only have freeview.

Hi Pablo I really don't know what the box is capable of. I have a satellite dish but it has never been connected to sky, when I built the house I had it fitted to save me going up the ladder again. I was under the impression that if I plugged the Openbox in and connected it the internet it would give me all the channels - better than the fire stick (or so I was told) - at the moment I only have freeview.

You have been grossly misinformed, there's been no sky channels on satellite for 2 years.
If you could get it to work, and added a line from a provider, you would get about 100 channels, docuemantaries, some kids channels, mostly freeview channels and BT Sports and racing etc but the processor is nowhere near as good as the one in the firestick if you intend using it for iptv, but again, it's unlikely that box would run iptv - I don't think it's capable.
If you live in a Virgin cabled area, a cable box would be best bet, failing that, IPTV through the firestick or through a dedicated box

You have been grossly misinformed, there's been no sky channels on satellite for 2 years.
If you could get it to work, and added a line from a provider, you would get about 100 channels, docuemantaries, some kids channels, mostly freeview channels and BT Sports and racing etc but the processor is nowhere near as good as the one in the firestick if you intend using it for iptv, but again, it's unlikely that box would run iptv - I don't think it's capable.
If you live in a Virgin cabled area, a cable box would be best bet, failing that, IPTV through the firestick or through a dedicated box

Hi Pablo, Is it purely processing that will stop me getting IPTV on the box, I have it connected to the lan so internet speeds should not be an issue?

I quite like the idea of getting British Superbike Racing (though ITV do highlights after every race meeting).

What do you mean when you say a line from a provider?

So does SKY delive rthe majority of its channels over iptv now then?

I dont have virgin.

When I bought it, I thought it was going to be straight forward (I used to be in IT), i was told that I would need to download something but then it would give me access to ALL the channels.

What would you suggest doing with the box?

Hi Pablo, Is it purely processing that will stop me getting IPTV on the box, I have it connected to the lan so internet speeds should not be an issue?

I quite like the idea of getting British Superbike Racing (though ITV do highlights after every race meeting).

What do you mean when you say a line from a provider?

So does SKY delive rthe majority of its channels over iptv now then?

I dont have virgin.

When I bought it, I thought it was going to be straight forward (I used to be in IT), i was told that I would need to download something but then it would give me access to ALL the channels.

What would you suggest doing with the box?

There's only two ways to get premium SKY channels, through VM cable or via IPTV, that box can't handle either

it will (possibly, although doubtful) you could get a line (a line of code from a provider) and get the 100 channels mentioned above via the dish.
I seriously doubt you could get iptv to run on that box as it requires an iptv player and i don't think it has the processing power to run it

You'd be lucky to find someone to buy it if you put it on ebay

Back