Openbox V8 (Current Network Interface: WiFi, find the WiFi device)

Icon.

Hello Guys,
I wonder if you can throw any light on where I am going wrong. I seem to be already connected to the internet via Wifi using a dedicated antenna dongle for v5/V8 and skybox in rear of my box and the network settings on my box are green and active, WiFi manager states device on (connected) with signal intensity 98% and signal quality 98% but on network settings it is saying Current Network Interface, WiFi find the WiFi device. I have checked in setup network local settings that there is not any IP address conflicts and I connected also via WPS and I also logged in my password when I connected to my router. I do not wish to use an ethernet cable by the way because of logistics. Can you give me any advise on what I can do to get around this so I can use network app, webTV as any channel I seem to select gives 0kbs which makes me think there is something not right. All other apps on box do not work either if that helps .Thank you in advance.

Hello Guys,
I wonder if you can throw any light on where I am going wrong. I seem to be already connected to the internet via Wifi using a dedicated antenna dongle for v5/V8 and skybox in rear of my box and the network settings on my box are green and active, WiFi manager states device on (connected) with signal intensity 98% and signal quality 98% but on network settings it is saying Current Network Interface, WiFi find the WiFi device. I have checked in setup network local settings that there is not any IP address conflicts and I connected also via WPS and I also logged in my password when I connected to my router. I do not wish to use an ethernet cable by the way because of logistics. Can you give me any advise on what I can do to get around this so I can use network app, webTV as any channel I seem to select gives 0kbs which makes me think there is something not right. All other apps on box do not work either if that helps .Thank you in advance.
Try rebooting box and router to see if that helps or try WiFi dongle via front test it on ethanet cable see if it is a problem with network and box

Try rebooting box and router to see if that helps or try WiFi dongle via front test it on ethanet cable see if it is a problem with network and box
Tried front usb port for antenna and reboot of router and box. No joy. Can not use ethernet as previously mentioned as the logistics of box to router. Any other ideas?

Tried front usb port for antenna and reboot of router and box. No joy. Can not use ethernet as previously mentioned as the logistics of box to router. Any other ideas?
Try a different usb dongle can you try the dongle in a computer to see if it's the dongle

Good thought. I have now tried the anenna dongle on the laptop and it seems to be functioning correctly. Any other ideas

Hello Guys,
If the WiFi says connected then it's connected, web tv or any of these apps don't work anymore on the Openbox, if you want IPTV then get a decent iptv box. A CCcam line will get you the remaining cs satellite channels on 28E, although at times some don't work very well.

Last edited:
Web TV has never worked very well on these boxes.Also is your sub still active? A lot of posts today have mentioned that a few providers shut shop.

If the WiFi says connected then it's connected, web tv or any of these apps don't work anymore on the Openbox, if you want IPTV then get a decent iptv box. A CCcam line will get you the remaining cs satellite channels on 28E, although at times some don't work very well.
Thank you Mike that's the sort of information I was after. So no apps work on these boxes at all then?

Sub? Forgive me for being a newbie but what is a sub in the context you used it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just this once, I will move your thread, it is neither feedback, nor suggestion.
Please be careful where you are posting.

If your WI-FI is connected, and you cannot use the weather, youtube, or whatever app they have on the box nowadays, then it is NOT connected to the internet properly.

To get IPTV, you must purchase a yearly subscription from someone - have you done this?
Go to the main part of the openbox section, and read as much as you can about setting up an openbox.

Back