Openbox V8 PRO

The miracle box is an enigma 2 based box for cable/satellite which uses enigma type software and as such you can change skins and and remove and add plugins ect,The GTT box is an android/Cable box which uses totally different type of software,Its 2 different operating systems

Hi guys,

I have an Openbox V8 Pro Combo and I tried updating the box via USB but it is now causing the error "SE check failed" and freezing the box.

My online research suggests factory reset and updating with correct firmware. I tried the factory reset offline amd it seemed to work but when I connect to ethernet again the error is back.

So unless someone knows how to fix this I will attempt to flash the box. In which case I need help with the tools needed for that. Both hardware and software.

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20171221-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20171221-WA0006.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 45
Yeah just been looking on site again do you know if the upgrade by network works ok on these boxes like old v8s it makes me nervous upgrading by usb lol

Hi Nutter---usb upgrade is actually the best for the V8 series, I never use network upgrade---just follow the instructions or yell.
Format key to fat32
Extract bin file from zip and add to key
Insert key--go to tools---upgrade by usb--set top line to all codes and away you go
Don't forget to keep a copy of your working line.
Reaper.

Cheers col will give it a try when i get a new usb stick my other one seems to have disappeared without trace in the house and the dog seems to have been the only being in the house at the time lol would be a bonus if it would work with virmin sh3 but not heard anyone being sucessful yet

Latest firmware upgrades for V7 Mini and V7 Max now available at Freesat site. Fully tested and working 100%.
Reaper.

Just upgraded v8 golden to new firmware done a fresh scan for cable channels but cannot find Sky events channel ? It finds sky live events channel lol 34700 qam 256 / 6952 just rechecked on friends box and theres 2 channels but can only find one now, done a full manual scan with nit switched to on but still no joy ? :confused:

Just upgraded v8 golden to new firmware done a fresh scan for cable channels but cannot find Sky events channel ? It finds sky live events channel lol 34700 qam 256 / 6952 just rechecked on friends box and theres 2 channels but can only find one now, done a full manual scan with nit switched to on but still no joy ? :confused:
Where you to col to help fix this little issue my good man and happy to new year to you sir

There are 10 Sky Sports channels (available in both HD and SD). Some sporting events are also available in 4K Ultra HD for those with a Sky Q 2TB box, such as Premier League matches and F1 race days:
Sky Sports Main Event - for big live events across multiple sports, including Premier League and Football League footy, Test cricket and more.
Sky Sports Arena (previously Sky live events) - WWE, NFL, boxing, darts and much more will find this their new home.
Sky Sports Premier League - a dedicated channel with 126 live Premier League matches and football shows.
Sky Sports Football - another 900 live matches this season will appear here, including the EFL games, Scottish Premiership matches and others from leagues around the world.
Sky Sports Cricket - every home England match and domestic cricket coverage will appear here.
Sky Sports Golf - The Open Championship, US Open and many other golfing events will be on this dedicated channel.
Sky Sports F1 - As before, every race, qualifying and practice will be covered in full here.
Sky Sports Action - A new channel for all manner of different sporting activities.
Sky Sports News - Will continue to bring up-to-the-minute sports news.
Sky Sports Mix - As before, will feature the best of sports not likely to appear elsewhere, plus highlights from other Sky Sports coverage.

Get your friend to rescan/upgrade for changes.
Have a great new year to all.
Reaper.

Yeah got all these channels its just the equivalent sky box office thats missing ? On the box i haven't upgraded yet it shows sky events channel and sky live ents channel plus all the channels you have listed above but the upgraded box doesnt list sky events in channel scan lol also when i scan on non upgraded box it lists 600 odd channels like their duplicated or summert but only 300 odd on upgraded firmware etc new logo looks great and added xtreme server for iptv btw :(y):

Look at the top two channels in above list---they have just superceded the old version of sky events and sky box office---if you can get all 10 hd/sd versions then stop being greedy, no more on offer LOL
Reaper.

kamikazeviv----where did you download your upgrade file from as there has been no releases for combo since this----
Freesat V8 Combo Firmware 09092016
Reaper.

Hi Reaper,
I downloaded the upgrade from the same link you mentioned above, from the Freesat website. When I attempted the USB upgrade the box complained of incompatible upgrade file. A search in forum ended up with an advise to do a force upgrade. So i renamed the upgrade file to flash and did a force upgrade which resulted in the box now not launching at all. No UI loading. So now I am thinking the only option is a cable reset but then with same firmware version..will that work? Not sure why the box rejected the upgrade the first time with incompatible error. Any ideas?

Back