Openbox V8 PRO

The only way to get a mismatch is if you used the firmware for the V8 PRO and not the V* COMBO---an error made by many.
Factory reset your box---download the correct file and your box may accept.
Reaper.

The only way to get a mismatch is if you used the firmware for the V8 PRO and not the V* COMBO---an error made by many.
Factory reset your box---download the correct file and your box may accept.
Reaper.
Very possible and to be honest I don't even know if the box is a Combo anymore. The box it came in says so but nowhere on the actual box. How can I find out?
Under the box I see a serial number starting: V8PBOX12345678
Would that mean the box is a V8Pro? ( V8P )

Some screenshots attached if it helps.....

Thank you

Attachments

• top.jpeg
    top.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 27
  • under.jpeg
    under.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 29
You are the proud owner of a V8 PRO not Combo, repeat, not combo.
So download last known firmware for pro and start again---if you need the special cable then contact me.
Reaper.

You are the proud owner of a V8 PRO not Combo, repeat, not combo.
So download last known firmware for pro and start again---if you need the special cable then contact me.
Reaper.

Ah that would explain a lot. Thanks Reaper. I have already bought a cable , hooefully the right one. I got a
URBEST 5M Vigor VH VB Series PLC Programming Cable 16.5Ft USB 2.0 to RS232 DB9. Is that the correct one?
Should get delivered this w-end.

For those with the GTT box a new OTA firmware has been released.
When you are offered upgrade via message on screen you can try to upgrade--if successful a final screen will show pretty planes flying and chinese writing---all you need to do when this page appears is press the OK button on remote and then carry on as normal.
The upgrade will allow small system bugs to be fixed plus upgrade mobdro and also stabilize a few apps including the GT Media iptv.
Reaper.

For those with the GTT box a new OTA firmware has been released.
When you are offered upgrade via message on screen you can try to upgrade--if successful a final screen will show pretty planes flying and chinese writing---all you need to do when this page appears is press the OK button on remote and then carry on as normal.
The upgrade will allow small system bugs to be fixed plus upgrade mobdro and also stabilize a few apps including the GT Media iptv.
Reaper.
Nice to see your still on the ball col.You will never retire lol :grin::grin::grin:

Tried it--hated being bored, plus hundreds of loyal customers still on the books all over europe and americas that don't want to move on.Never realized that I had sold so many boxes, got to learn to count.
Nice to be wanted LOL
Reaper.

Tried it--hated being bored, plus hundreds of loyal customers still on the books all over europe and americas that don't want to move on.Never realized that I had sold so many boxes, got to learn to count.
Nice to be wanted LOL
Reaper.
Be a new house in japan/china on the cards next then next door to mr fang ,Doing that little thing you passed on thanks col

The built in iptv on the GTT/GTC boxes is really showing the way forward now although I find the GTC box a bit expensive for a lot of people. Personally I'll stay with the basic sat V8/V7 boxes and the little GTT box.
Reaper.

The built in iptv on the GTT/GTC boxes is really showing the way forward now although I find the GTC box a bit expensive for a lot of people. Personally I'll stay with the basic sat V8/V7 boxes and the little GTT box.
Reaper.
See the other muppet show openbox manufacturers are trying to copy it or similar type setups

The firmware will only install in the GTT/GTC boxes and as I said before xmas, it will not work on any other android--hackers have already tried and failed---also unless you have an activation code it will not work.The program on that other box is just another form of money raising [like a "bakers" self raising LOL
Reaper.

A very quick OTA upgrade released for the GTT/GTC boxes.
This will sort the powervu keys and remove the GT Media apk from menu---to get to the GT Media go into settings---apps and locate GT Media app and open---very simple and ensures the app now loaded within the android.
Reaper.

The erom upgrade tool that you are using is wrong one.
E-mail me and I will try to find correct one to give you.
Reaper.

Back