Openbox V8s - Freeview channels disappeared

Stan69

Hi all

I'm looking for some assistance on an issue with a V8s...

For some reason the channel list has reset, so that I now only have around 48 channels available, and these are only regional versions of ITV, BBC and one or two others, not even the standard Dave / Challenge type channels are showing up now.

The firmware on the box has Internet download of channel lists so tried that with no joy, also tried AJsat list without success, and... just in case firmware over-riding I disconnected Internet, added AJsat list and reloaded but still only very basic list.

Struggling at the moment, any help appreciated.
Stan

Delete the Current channel list on the box.. Remove it totally out, and then Import the latest channel list back in, reboot box.

HI, when you go into Movies and Entertainment, Sports etc,
Are you seeing the Main Pay Channels in there, as in SP1 and NEWS etc and Movies Premier?
If they are showing, they ain't gonna work, but if they are not there, then the channel list you have got has been edited to remove all the channels that are not clearing, not a bad thing on that box to have..
Get the latest Channel list file from - waitenet
Reset the box back to Factory Default and then Add new one back in, delete the old one before new one is imported..

Main pay channels not even showing. They were there previously but obviously most of them had stopped working.

Thanks, will try that... Any recommendations as to which firmware I should go with?

Never had to Update the Firmware on these boxes for Donkey years, way back they needed updated as they always added things onto it, but now days it never really needs updated.
What the box comes with is usually fine and dandy and works fine for what you need.

Your psu or cables may be corrupted--well documented facts.
Check all including LNB/dish.
Go into menu and check that lnb settings are set to 9750--10600
Now reboot box.
If all this fails then go to www.yojiatech.com download and install firmware No81 then use the network server to upgrade latest channel list/latest firmware.
Reaper.

Your psu or cables may be corrupted--well documented facts.
Check all including LNB/dish.
Go into menu and check that lnb settings are set to 9750--10600
Now reboot box.
If all this fails then go to www.yojiatech.com download and install firmware No81 then use the network server to upgrade latest channel list/latest firmware.
Reaper.
Reaper what your take on the supposed new xtream firmware on the v8 boxes,Seen a few good posts on here that the box needs to be updated by the manufacturer at a cost of £6 or what ever the charge is,You are the man in the know here

The so-called new f/w was designed for the clones--dropbox and nowbox not for the genuine V8s.
I have no news of the company developing any extreme f/w as the V9s was sold as iptv ready and interest in the V8s series has dwindled,No one from the company is authorized to charge for upgrades so really it's greed again by individuals. Any official download/upgrade is free.
Reaper.

If they can crack sky they can crack the fw that they are getting from a cake shop in Manchester ps i bet there cakes are shite :(y):

Back