Openbox v8s problems help!

Steve2101

Hi, bit of a newbie here so hopefully posting in the right place......
I recently decided to get a openbox v8s, I set the box up added the ccam server and updated the channel list,
Only problem is every channel has no signal and a snr of 10% the odd channel will work but it will be the wrong channel (flava music channel appears when on universal +1)
I took the box to my parents house and tested there and everything was fine not one problem and every channel worked perfectly despite the rain outside,
So I brought the box back home and still the same problem I'm stumped on what to do, I live in a block of 87 flats and it has a communal dish on top of the block, I wondering if this could be the problem ? The freeview built into the tv works fine and it's connected to the same sat, but yet on the open box I can't even get signal on the Free channels, I'm wondering if anyone else has had his problem and could help me ?
Much appreciated
Cheers
Steve :)

Check the socket on the wall, a mate lives in one of these types of blocks and the cable had come loose behind the socket, once he's fixed it all channels cleared for him and it worked just fine.

Yano I didn't even think about doing that, make sense that it could be that tho I will give this a go and let you know how I get on, hopefully this will be the issue so I can get it working
Thankyou :)

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 AM ----------

Nope unfourtantley that didn't work still have the same problem :/ I've just noticed tho that on the socket on the wall it says sat 1 and sat 2, when I take the wire out of the right hand side of the box it doesn't affect anything on the snr, so could it be 2 separate sats on top the the building or am I being silly ?
Cheers

You are connecting your sat feed to the "Input" not the "Loop" port? The openbox is a single tuner box so only takes 1 sat feed

[solved] this is probably one of the first things I should of tried but it was the channel lists that I was using, I tried 3 or 4 different ones and none work so I tried a blind scan and everything come up lol so although I now have 35 different itv channels I do have every channel working just have a lot of deleting to do lol but thankyou for all the help and suggestion :)

Glad you got it sorted but I thought the SNR had something to do with the dish or cable from the dish?

I set up a box for my mate and most channels are about SNR 50% but box nation is only 10% and won't come on. I've told him to get his dish and cables checked.

My box at home is about 90% for most channels.

Back