OpenPLI?

Openpli is a very barebones image. Its like a building block image. Because of this it will be probably be a fast image... But...Unlike ATV/vix it has hardly any plugins pre_installed. So there is a lot of initial faff to start with to make it operate in the same way as ATV/vix if that is what you are used to. It also has a lot of old school screen names so a skin specifically designed for ATV/vix will look like an unfinished article on this image. I personally found it too cumbersome and confusing to setup in the end, so i gave up on it. I suggest finding an openpli backup image if you want to try it as think that will make live a hell of a lot easier unless you know exactly what you are doing

I remember trying it on my previous Technomate box. I couldn't even get autobouquetmaker to work, it couldn't find any providers. Think I gave up on it in the end. The one annoyance I have with the ZGemma is it does seem sluggish with Vix and ATV, I'm not sure if thats down to hardware or to much bloat in images. Something more barebones would be nice if it was functional.

It was abm that made me give up on it too. I an pretty sure it doesn't work on pli (i might be wrong), but i am not a fan of autobouquets e2. So i will stick with atv as i know exactly what i am doing with that

I'm currently trying openpli 6 and auto bouquet maker works fine and runs nice and fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone used this image? How does it compare with VIX and ATV?

not a big fan of pli, prefer vix its all just there. had issue as in post 4 but things change maybe newer better images out there now. check the downloads section new image went up yesterday for that box by Ten Below.

Not really tried openpli before so wanted to give it a go.

I prefer to install a image from scratch and make it how I like it

open pli is the biggest load of crap going,Does not even come close to vix or atv

I wouldn't say it's crap, it's basic on first install but you then just add what you need. It runs fast and is very stable, even the new openpli 6 release candidate

It sure is basic,For a new beginner is just not user friendly,Even the open pli support forum is so basic for support,I have used all the images going and tested each one over the years,Black hole and vix are the top 2 for me,Openatv is not bad but takes getting used to,Vix all the way for any beginner

The one in the downloads section looks good, all ready to go - Items included with this build. - http://www.techkings.org/resources/openpli-6-0-homebuild-for-zgemma-star-2s.33/

EPG Import
AutoBouquets E2
Audio narrator is disabled
IPTV Player
HistoryZapSelector
EPG Search
EPG Refresh
Service App
Merlin Music Player
Weather Plugin
YouTube
Oscam
Mount Manager

Button Changes
Green = Plugin Menu
<> = HistoryZapSelector
EPG = Graphical MultiEPG

Yes looks like it's ready to go for sly. Need auto bouquet maker for cable.

Im using the zgemma h5.2tc box

It sure is basic,For a new beginner is just not user friendly,Even the open pli support forum is so basic for support,I have used all the images going and tested each one over the years,Black hole and vix are the top 2 for me,Openatv is not bad but takes getting used to,Vix all the way for any beginner

Yes agreed not good for a beginner then your better off with vix or atv. This is why alot of people use builds people have made as they have already been set up. I've mainly used vix and recently atv. Thought I would give the new openpli a go

Openpli was used a lot on the early dreamboxes, 500`s..600`s..800`s.. really basic compared with today's builds, but is a good solid build...

Back