openvix 3.2

G4gav

good evening all, I'm quite new here so please don't shoot me down....

I bought a zgemma h2 with openvix 3.2 loaded on , paid a fair bit for it at the time as I'm very new to this sat stuff. my problem is my HD channels run voice over when on so I have to find the channel without HD and my pay per views don't work any more,
I did have a problem before where I tried updateing via the ethernet cable but that went tits up and I lost the lot so I had to pay the guy I got box from to re install 3.2 again but he swears blind I have the latest update on it but I'm not convinced .....
can anyone point me in the right direction on up grading or another flash to put on , but as I'm VERY new to this , if you tell me to do something please can you do step by step guide as I'm dumb as as my misses would say but will try doing when have guidance ( god that sounded so strange)

Zgemma boxes are not supported by vix and 3.2 is an old firmware,You would be better off reflashing and getting a new line/gift

how do I refresh? I have downloaded andymcbuild and inserted in back usb but goes straight to boot and just loads whats is on box.

id be happy to remove vix completely if anyone knows? and ill start afresh. but at this time I want to throw box in bin... I have no knowledge on this stuff but I am willing to learn with guidance

make sure the usb is formatted first with FAT32, then put the unzipped flash files on the usb and insert in the rear port, then power box on with white button at back and it should do it's thing, if not, try a different usb stick

sorted and thank you for that, 6 usb sticks in and I got there last night! lol

only other issue I got now is I have no movies or sports kids etc. is there a fix for this? if so how easy is this to do as im struggling to under stand some of the terminology iv been reading.

sorted and thank you for that, 6 usb sticks in and I got there last night! lol

only other issue I got now is I have no movies or sports kids etc. is there a fix for this? if so how easy is this to do as im struggling to under stand some of the terminology iv been reading.

So which channels do you get if there's no premiums?
do you get any documentaries and music etc?
did you save your line details before you flashed the box? - these need uploading back to the box to get the premium channels

no I didn't save nothing as my box went tits up, it just stoped working .
can I install the details back on it another way ?

if you know who your supplier is and can get the line details from him, or if you still have it in text form in an email or text, you can copy and paste it back in using filezilla
If it begins with a N or a C it needs pasting into CCcam.cfg file
if it begins with CWS it gets pasted into newcamd.list file

I bought this box from a guy up the road, got ripped off as I paid well over the price I found out!

but I don't think I will be speaking to him again as he is not around anymore, so I could be stuck with this ?
can I not just find online and do it that way ?

I bought this box from a guy up the road, got ripped off as I paid well over the price I found out!

but I don't think I will be speaking to him again as he is not around anymore, so I could be stuck with this ?
can I not just find online and do it that way ?

if you've had the box around a year, the line has expired naturally as they only last 12 months, if you've not had it that long, it may still be active

I take it the gift/card lasts 12 months ?
I have a active vm account as I have tiro box and broadband installed. this is where everything confuses me. iv never used stuff like this before and very new to all. the bloke I got the box from kept updating it as I had freezing on it but hence 3.2 only ever installed.
sorry if I sound like a nob but im doing this on my Tod without a clue and just following instructions I get given.

Once you put a new image on your box, then you need to set it up to scan for new channels, and for the new channels to clear on your box, then you will need to put a connection line [ c/n line ] into the box, Do you have the free view channels like BBC1..BBC2..ITV..CHANNEL 4...CHANNEL 5..if so, then you have obviously done your scan, if not, then you have not scan for the channels ive mentioned, and as your a novice, then you may struggle to totally understand how to fully set up your box, so take it at one step at a time m8..so do you have the free to air channels on your box ??

all done thank you guys,

just one more question please,

is there a way to set the channels so they are in order ?
and how do you remove certain categories eg adult ?

Back