Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

New beta OpenVPN script generator

If using a Mac there are instructions at the end of the document for an alternative to Putty

First open Putty, and in the HostName (or IP address) box enter the enigma2 boxes IP address, and then click the Telnet radio button and click open
screenshot-132-png.28837

And then log in using the word, root

screenshot-133-png.28838

Users can now visit
Code:
http://e2openvpn.com/OpenVPN_Generator/

Add there username and password this will now generate a script.

Copy and paste the script in putty and hit enter you should now have the option for what VPN you want to use:

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Quite

Choose your option and hit Enter this should then download the configs and once finished it will say OpenVPN Configs downloaded Please Start OpenVPN.

You will be asked to enter your choice again but you can ignore this.

Reboot box and goto plugins, VPN Changer and choose a country.

If using Mac

There is a version of Putty for Mac but is not very good.

Open Applications ->Utilities ->

Type the following command telnet 192.168.X.X (change the IP address to the one for the Zgemma/Enigma2 boxes)

Enter the username root (and password if you have set one) and press enter

Then follow the instructions above.

Problem 1,

When enabling OpenVPN I lose internet connection.

Possible Solution

Goto your network settings on box and change DHPC to no then blue button to Edit DNS

Try Google DNS

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4
Hi, ive been having trouble with my IP address not changing in the wooshbuild plugin so was shown your putty method.
Ive just followed your instructions but now when i go into the wooshbuild VPN plugin i cant get any servers to start.
Do you have any suggestions on what i could do please?

When visiting the site you linked which username and password do i add, i presume it was my nord account?

For the putty method you should have VPN changer installed then change countries from there
VPN changer, is that plugin i can find on the box, ill look now.
Also could you confirm which username and password i should of used when following your link?

VPN changer, is that plugin i can find on the box, ill look now.
Also could you confirm which username and password i should of used when following your link?
VPN changer is installed and setup when you run the script. Yes username and password from Nord.

VPN changer is installed and setup when you run the script. Yes username and password from Nord.
Epic my friend, all seems to be working now, i can see the IP address change as i try different servers.
Once again thanks alot without guys like you on here people like me would be up the creek lol
Shame its in German (i think) when the text pops up lol

Epic my friend, all seems to be working now, i can see the IP address change as i try different servers.
Once again thanks alot without guys like you on here people like me would be up the creek lol
Shame its in German (i think) when the text pops up lol
Glad you got it sorted. The VPN changer is done from someone on OpenATV I did try translating it but failed lol so I just left as is as it works.

Glad you got it sorted. The VPN changer is done from someone on OpenATV I did try translating it but failed lol so I just left as is as it works.
The yellow button says this
netzwerkferbindung trenne wenn die Vpn verbindung nicht mehr besteht? Googled translated it to this Disconnect network connection if the VPN connection no longer exists.

OpenVPN ATV 6.3 test generator site hopefully this works

Code:
https://e2openvpn.com/Test/

Last edited:
Just seen this PureVPN offer
Code:
https://www.purevpn.com/pages/get1ydeal?aff=20375&chan=sduk&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtvPjBRDPARIsAJfZz0pYZMtGbuwEDDI5LjlacqaVN5ds4viWBG8WLWQkSc6wbARkNtO_t_YaAi7aEALw_wcB

Pay only $11.88 while subscribing to the 1-year plan!
The recurring will be charged at $69.95 next year.

So you could get it for $11.88 a year then cancel the renewal before the years up.

Just seen this PureVPN offer
Code:
https://www.purevpn.com/pages/get1ydeal?aff=20375&chan=sduk&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtvPjBRDPARIsAJfZz0pYZMtGbuwEDDI5LjlacqaVN5ds4viWBG8WLWQkSc6wbARkNtO_t_YaAi7aEALw_wcB

So you could get it for $11.88 a year then cancel the renewal before the years up.

@dsayers2014 how do I add a 2nd VPN account to my Zgemma, is it just a case of running the generator again but this time choosing the 2nd supplier?

Thanks mate.

@dsayers2014 how do I add a 2nd VPN account to my Zgemma, is it just a case of running the generator again but this time choosing the 2nd supplier?

Thanks mate.
Yes then reboot box. You will have new supplier in VPN changer just press green to switch to other by pressing green on the other providers folder.

Last edited:
SufShark VPN added to the generator number 7

Please note for SurfShark you will need to visit https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manual goto step 2 and create credentials if not already there and use those credentials as username and password.

Once credentials are created you dont need to keep changing them

VPN,s supported so far

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark

Last edited:
Thanks @dsayers2014 for all your hard work... i have got my windscribe vpn set up and working on the H2S but the channels are stuttering a lot, any ideas what i can do to fix this. the same vpn works fine on my android box.

i have tested all the European servers same thing what port do you think is best to use, 80, 1194, 443?
Do you think it could be the fact that the zgemma is not powerful enough?
I'm not sure I haven't used VPN for about 6 months and I tested it on my Uno4k and that worked ok with IPTV.

I have installed the vpn config changer plugin and added my windscribe details but I am unable to connect to any country.
It says open vpn is running but when I press yellow to start the vpn, I get an error message in German and my connection freezes

I have installed the vpn config changer plugin and added my windscribe details but I am unable to connect to any country.
It says open vpn is running but when I press yellow to start the vpn, I get an error message in German and my connection freezes
For windscribe you dont use your login details for the username and password, login to windscribe website then go to Support, Setup Guides, Windscribe for Your Router and select " Step 1
Get OpenVPN Config file and credentials" and select "Get Credentials " use the login details shown here on the openvpn username & password boxes.

Back