OpenVPN - zGemma

davids363

Hi folks,

Looking for some advice. I've recently attempted to set up a VPN via Ipvanish and the installation of OpenVPN.

I followed the the guide here...

://www.tech2guides.co.uk/how-to-setup-vpn-on-enigma2-openatv/

Everything is fine until I go to start the script at the end. It starts but will stop shortly after and it doesn't appear to have worked. Tempted to try another link but not sure if that'll help.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.

At what line does it stop?

Press menu, got to setup, system, network, openvpn and you should be able to turn the vpn on and off.

If you putty in and paste this while it is off and then when it is turned on, you should get a different ip each time which will show you it's worked

wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo

Thanks for the reply.

That's where it seemed to be messing up - I tried when it was off then tried when it was on and "real" IP showing was the same.

It comes up running, for about 5 seconds then jumps back to stopped.

It seems like you're doing the right things. I would delete the files from the openvpn folder and start the guide again step by step, make sure you haven't missed anything. it may be that something in the client.config file is missing and so it won't connect. Also maybe try a different server, it could be that that is down.

It's a really good guide though so it should have you up and running soon.

The server was my next question - could this be the issue? Was showing green on the list from IPVanish but I assume this isnt always accurate.

Using Whooshbuild btw. Dont know if that matters.

I have had exactly the same problem trying to put it onto my Mutant HD51 which is loaded with OpenATV image. Gave up in the finish because even though it would not start it screwed up my 50mbps internet, basically stopping anyone from using the home plugs or WiFi.

If anybody does have an answer to this I sure would be interested.

Thanks mate.

Tried it last night with another server and it seemed to show as "running" but my IPTV sub wouldnt work and server says it wasn't on their side so probably still something wrong down the line.

On the original walkthrough one of the lines are incorrect is it has openvpon on it and not openvpn . I almost missed that. Ive set mine up but the picture freezes every few seconds. Anything I can do to help this not happening?

Hi,
Take a look at my guide post in this section.
It sounds like the MSSFIX in the openvpn config.
Without it, things go rather funky on your LAN.

I think because I am using a VPN provider with their own client.conf file, the MSFIX is not included in that.

Indeed.
I spent a lot of time working out why the OpenVIX vpn did not work.
So many settings on both server and client side configs went into my guide.
I tried a few providers for 1 month service to see if their configs made a difference.
In the end it was a guide on Windows XP PPTP which identified the MSSFIX option!!
Also choosing the right place for your server is important.

was having same trouble using setip guide above dont no will this help my problem was saving the files to afolder
even though i renamed them as set ip says and looked right wouldn work had to change the file save type in folder
worked straight after

yip using woosh go to control panel folder options menu make sure known file ext options not hidden and the client.conf file the c in client is capital c thats where i was going wrong hope it helps

did you save the 3 files in a folder then you ftp them to your box i had the files in folder it was the folder option were i saved them to not the files themselves were wrong was the hidden file ext in folder options wascausing my problems

Back