OpenVPN - zGemma

Hmm I'm not sure the tun package was installed using

Cd /sbin

Modprobe tun

Maybe try modprobe tap.

But it's way beyond my knowhow sorry.

Google around for Linux tun tap packages and how to install them. But to be honest I got an error message telling me there was a problem. Your log says everything is working.

Yeah, initialization sequence initiated should mean it is all ok.

I clean installed wooshbuild. Ran the opkg openvpn commands and then

Cd /sbin

Modprobe tun

And it all worked.

Check your provider works on another platform like android or Windows through openvpn.

Oh and

chmod 600 /etc/openvpn/logi.txt

will protect your login details.

teddybloat what box are you using?

Hi,
Is that OpenATV or OpenVIX?
I have problems with ATV, but VIX is fine, 100%.

Flash your box with vanilla VIX.
Install Skin
Install VPN Config
test at this point.
Then install IPTV+Bouquets with vpn running.
test again

Hoping someone will see this either way! I have the following on my Windscribe VPN Log... it shows as "RUNNING" on OpenVPN via my zgemma E2 box running Wooshbuild infinite but when I check the IP, it doesn't connect and still shows my actual IP
The xxxx is to remove IP addresses

Thu Sep 13 17:34:13 2018 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]xx.xxx.xxx.xx:1194
Thu Sep 13 17:34:13 2018 UDP link local: (not bound)
Thu Sep 13 17:34:13 2018 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]xx.xxx.xxx.xx:1194
Thu Sep 13 17:35:13 2018 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Thu Sep 13 17:35:13 2018 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Thu Sep 13 17:35:13 2018 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've spent 2 months thinking my VPN was active as it said running and when setting up, I did the wget script on telnet and it showed as the correct vpn IP! Confused!

Sort of yes thanks for the quick reply. I figured port forwarding may be an issue so I fixed the port 1194 for the IP Address fixed for my zgemma buand restarted but still hasn't changed. Do you think it'll be better to put the box in the DMZ area of the router? Only issue I have is it opens the box up to hacks etc potentially.... The file itself is fine as I've double checked it on notepad

You may as well try and put the box in the DMZ just to see if that works. You can then decide what to do from there.

Back