openwebif...changes the channel indoors!

Hi all, apologies if not in correct place..Anyhow, got a zgemma h2s or something with wooshbuild 5. Twin tuner. Works well. When I use my laptop to connect to the ip of the box and use the openwebif viewer, I can watch what I want....but it changes the channel inside too! I was hoping to be able to catch other channels from my BBQ outside via Ethernet while swmbo watches her usual crap indoors. How do I go about being able to watch a different channel/stream at the same time?

Is there not an option to stream ? It would be in m3u format, you will need vlc i think, haven't tried in years

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

I do get the m3u option and then open it with vlc..it works, but it also changes the channel inside...I want it to be a separate stream/channel

As i said haven't used in years , i thought you could stream without zapping did you try chrome

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Make sure there is a free feed first

navigate to openwebif on your pc
bouquets tab
select your catagory/bouquet
click the computer screen icon to the left of the channel you want to stream

this should download the m3u
play with vcl player

[clicking the channel name will zap the box indoors]

Last edited:
If She Who Must Be Obeyed is watching AND recording for example (and you have a twin tuner) there will be no tuners left for you to stream.

With my box, if I press the Box Info button (bottom left) in Openwebif, I can see what all my 3 tuners are up to. If the box is streaming something in kodi at the same time, it is indicated by the top line in Openwebinf.

Back