Options For Satellite Feeds?

tdvguy

We've had an 80cm dish that receives hotbird 13e channels for as long as I can remember. It's motorised, but the setup we've had limits the range of movement, at most we can push it to something like astra 19.2e before it clashes against the wall. I've heard that it's possible to get a relatively cheap extension for it and attach multiple LNBs.

What do you guys think can be done in this situation, in terms of the satellite feeds that are possible to receive?

Last edited:
There's a thread here about a multi-lnb setup - http://www.techkings.org/threads/how-to-install-multi-lnbs-on-one-dish.131269/
19.2e has a lot of channels on it with a Eurosub & you should be able to get some channels on 1w as well.
Not sure what you mean by "cheap extension" & why you want to put multi lnbs on a motorized dish, if you're trying to get sats further east, like 28e then surely the wall would still be in the way.
You need at least a 1m dish for most feeds & most are encoded in Biss, you could always scan 10e & 7e to see if you can pick up any.

Would you not be better buying a new
Bracket and.up to date reciever with
European server to unlock all the channels

There's a thread here about a multi-lnb setup - http://www.techkings.org/threads/how-to-install-multi-lnbs-on-one-dish.131269/
19.2e has a lot of channels on it with a Eurosub & you should be able to get some channels on 1w as well.
Not sure what you mean by "cheap extension" & why you want to put multi lnbs on a motorized dish, if you're trying to get sats further east, like 28e then surely the wall would still be in the way.
You need at least a 1m dish for most feeds & most are encoded in Biss, you could always scan 10e & 7e to see if you can pick up any.

Suppose that my limit is from 10-19.2e, would that be sufficient to have sports in English that I can use as alternatives to what's on sly UK?

Also, when it comes to the encryption, isn't it simply a matter of using a line? I've never heard of Biss.

Would you not be better buying a new
Bracket and.up to date reciever with
European server to unlock all the channels

Do you mean a bracket that allows the dish to move more?

Receiver shouldn't be a problem if you're talking about the satellite box.

Suppose that my limit is from 10-19.2e, would that be sufficient to have sports in English that I can use as alternatives to what's on sly UK?

Also, when it comes to the encryption, isn't it simply a matter of using a line? I've never heard of Biss.
Sorry, but you asked about feeds, I suppose you meant channels, 19.2 has many sport channels with a Euro line, mainly German and Spanish, (no Premiership with English audio), Eurosport 1 & 2 have English audio, some sports like Golf, Tennis & Basketball have an English audio option.

You can use t.k set and 2inch pole
With 2inch u bolt clamps T to the top
K to the bottom for more strength
The longest 90 degree l bracket is 54 cms What ever bracket you use You
can keep your motorised system You
then will recieve satellites from 30west
Hipsat to 42east turk sat

HI I have a satellite dish for UK channels what is the best splitter to get to split the cables into one as there is 9 satellite cables going from house to two satellite dishes outside any way to just have one going to the dish instead of 9 cabled as it lookes very messy and not tidy any help please

HI I have a satellite dish for UK channels what is the best splitter to get to split the cables into one as there is 9 satellite cables going from house to two satellite dishes outside any way to just have one going to the dish instead of 9 cabled as it lookes very messy and not tidy any help please
how many boxes\receivers in house

Get a unicable ll LNB and run the single wire from the dish into the loft and then use a splitter in the loft to feed individual receivers.
You can't use splitters on standard satellite LNB's.

Unicable

Another opition would be remove both
Satellites Instal 80cm dish with inverto
Quad l.n.b Run four wf100 cables to a
12×5 multiswitch in your loft Then tap
Of to the various wall plates

Back