Orange Contract Problems

conor6

Can someone help me... i have a contract with Orange and i am currently 14 months through a 24 month contract and i am having trouble with my signal at home. Orange keep telling me to hang on a day because they are having mast problems and it will be sorted "tomorrow" well it still hasnt been sorted and this has been ongoing for 2 weeks.
When i asked to go to disconnections they said i had to pay to get out...i disagree. I think it is a breach of contract. They guarentee a very strong signal in my area and this is not the case....

Can anyone tell me where i stand?

Did u contact their head office tell them u want compensation for lost signal and that u are going to contact the ombadsmen. I know they r now part of t mobile so ur signal should be better i also know that o2 have had signsl problems last few days. As for getting out of the contract not sure where u stand but the ombadsmen can help u if ur not getting the service they state u should be getting. Is it just ur house or other areas, if its just ur home it could be something blocking it. In our house we have a room that cant get any signal tv phone or internet at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks for the post, thats awsome info. I do struggle to get signal in the area sometimes. Its never really strong but just about ok.Ive been through everything regarding T-Mobile signal and Orange-T-Mobile to no avail!!!!!!

They have given me 20% off my bill but i dont know if thats just for a month or not..
Im phoning mr ombudsman in the morn....
;)

Glad to be of help, hope you get something sorted. PLease let us all know how you got on as it might help others in the future.
as for the 20% bet it was just for the 1 month - they are NOT that generous!
Have you looked at any other prividers to see who gives you the best signal ( not according to their website, but by trying to use that particular provider)
Im sure most providers if you ask them they will give you a sim that you can use to test the signal strenght even if its a Pay as you go with say £1 on it.
But i was also told in the past ( by Orange- i left them a few yrs ago) that the signal was to do with the handset you were using and not just their strength. Now how true that was i dont know.
All these providers say they have the best signal - but it depends on what is around you as to how strong it is as well as how many masts are local.
Think its personal preference! i choose 3 for my network, and hubbys on Orange. personally signal is good for both, but services and VFM mine wins!

so you have to fiddle about and switch carriers then from orange to t-mobile - thought the whole idea of them merging was that you used either signal without having to roam/search.

Anyways conor6 never got back to us to let us know how they got on!

so you have to fiddle about and switch carriers then from orange to t-mobile - thought the whole idea of them merging was that you used either signal without having to roam/search.

Anyways conor6 never got back to us to let us know how they got on!

my tesco sim changes from o2 from time to time and then back to tesco lol

oh rite well being on 3 i never have a problem in my area so dont know if it changes to anyone else. Not sur how the Tesco one work or with what carrier its married to but sounds like its part of o2

hey yeah sorry about that. I never rang the ombudsman but the signal did improve a few days later. Its not too bad now and i can actually make and recieve phone calls so it might have actually been a mast down.. but my signal is never really strong so i think (as someone mentioned earlier) there could be some problem with the phone because my friends have full signal when next too me and they are also on orange!!
Thanks for the help guys.
:)

i had this problem no signal no service i complained btw cust service is appauling at orange, i was sent a new simcard whichwas provisioned for orange tmobile it worked good but i can only use 2g i cant get 3g internet and i have an internet bundle its appauling but at least i get a signal now when my contract ends i will never use orange again they are rubbish.

try and switch to gsm only thats what im stuck with samsung galaxy s honeycomb

Back