Ordered A Zgemma H2s But Unsure Of A Few Things

BenH86123

Hi everyone,

Recently ordered a H2S but unsure of a few things that it come's with;

OPENVIX 4.0 - Operating system?
TS MEDIA WITH SPORTSMANIA INSTALLED - Like a mini 'plugin store' to install various plugins?
IPTV PLAYER - Will this allow me to play foreign sports channels?
DREAMPLEX - Not sure what this is?
DREAM EXPLORER - Not sure what this is?

Is it possible somehow to get foreign sports channels? I'm based in the UK and would like to be able to pickup channels like NBC Sports & Fox Sports.

Sorry, I'm new to all this having spent the past few years looking (sometimes for hours) for quality streams via an Android box.

To setup and record do I simply plugin in at the mains, unconnect my dish feed from the Sky box and plug in to the sat receiver and boot up?
I know I obviously need a source of storage, IE USB or ext HDD but is it as simple as that?

Are there any other tips you guys can offer to get to the boxes full potential?

Anybody have any knowledge of Sports Mania? It seem's like a pretty decently priced Sports IPTV service...

Thanks for any help you may give.

Ben

Hi everyone,

OPENVIX 4.0 - Operating system? Will usually come with VIX installed. However, it is patched for the H2S and should not be updated online. Install an OpenATV image such as Wooshbuild if you want to keep the image up to date via online updating
TS MEDIA WITH SPORTSMANIA INSTALLED - Like a mini 'plugin store' to install various plugins? Does not come pre-installed on OpenATV but is available to be installed once setup is complete.
IPTV PLAYER - Will this allow me to play foreign sports channels? Depending on the IPTV streams, you can download M3U files and play them through IPTV player. Check with your supplier to ensure their subs are compatible with Enigma2 receivers.
DREAMPLEX - Not sure what this is? This is for connecting to and viewing PLEX subscriptions / servers.
DREAM EXPLORER - Not sure what this is? It's a file management plugin designed for E2 receivers.

Is it possible somehow to get foreign sports channels? I'm based in the UK and would like to be able to pickup channels like NBC Sports & Fox Sports. - See above anser to IPTV question

To setup and record do I simply plugin in at the mains, unconnect my dish feed from the Sky box and plug in to the sat receiver and boot up?
Search the forums, there is plenty of info / advice available and step by step guides.
I know I obviously need a source of storage, IE USB or ext HDD but is it as simple as that? - again, read the setup guides

Are there any other tips you guys can offer to get to the boxes full potential?

Anybody have any knowledge of Sports Mania? It seem's like a pretty decently priced Sports IPTV service...

Thanks for any help you may give.

Ben

See above
Kieron

Thanks mate much appreciated!
So I can use Dreamplex with a premium plex sub to get all the live sports channels etc?

Do you know of any IPTV subs that you would recommend that are compatible with the h2s?

Great forum and great support!

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks mate much appreciated.
Can I add more than one line to my box so one for normal sly channels and another for foreign channels?

Cheers.

Thanks mate much appreciated.
Can I add more than one line to my box so one for normal sly channels and another for foreign channels?

Cheers.

If you have a motorized dish (as I have), or multiple lnbs/dishes you could look for a euroline. This will unscramble a number of european satellite packages.
You could get separate lines for each package you require but would most probably costs more than a euroline.

Sorry for my 'idioticness' but can you have more than one line in the file on the box?

IE my box is coming with a years sub (1 line I presume)
Could I buy another line from another seller and add it to the same file on a seperate line?

I've found somewhere offering lines for like £5.00 and with 100% money back if no good offering european channels as well as Sky..

Thanks for all your help.

Ben

It would be worth a try seeing as they're only cheap.
Yes you could ad more lines to one file providing both lines are using the same protocol, i.e. CCcam or MGCamd.
If not you would need to install both CCcam and MGCamd softcams to your box and ensure the appropriate lines are in the correct files.
C: lines will go in the CCcam.cfg file, N: or CWS = files will go into the Newcamd.list file.
Lines should switch automatically when you change channels.

Kieron

Wicked mate.
Starting to get to grips with how these beasts work now lol.

Do you know of any decent 'addons' for on demand services?
Any way of watching new/old movies or tv box sets?

I know you install Kodidirect but heard it's not all that great?

Cheers for all your help!

Wicked mate.
Starting to get to grips with how these beasts work now lol.

Do you know of any decent 'addons' for on demand services?
Any way of watching new/old movies or tv box sets?

I know you install Kodidirect but heard it's not all that great?

Cheers for all your help!
You can use IPTV player theres "watch series" "yify" and a few others on there for movies too, just have a look around.

KodiDirect isn't very good on these boxes it's true. However, there are certain repo's such as UKTurk that work quite well.
There are also other repo's that have been set up specifically for E2 users that can be installed from within KodiDirect.
Like Johnny Boy has mentioned, there are a few in the IPTV plugin that you can stream relatively recent films in decent quality.

Kieron

ben from what you said i think you brought box from a fb group im in and you have not worry about a thing as i brought from that group aswell ( thats if you did as you listed the stuff he posted over weekend lol )

on side note for football i use an app in iptv player called LIVE i had to sign up for free at Watch Live TV and Watch Live Sport Online then on the app i had to add my login bluebutton on remote once in app saved login rebooted box and now i cna watch 3pm football

hope you enjoy your new box

Haha I did indeed 1mosy - These boxes seem to good to be true lol... What's the quality of the footie like through the LIVE app?

Are you able to add any repos/addons to kodi direct? UK Turk's is a great addon so interested to see what that's like.

Cheers guys.

Back