ordered edision os mini box

tesbo

I have ordered the edision os mini single tuner dvb-t2/c within openvix image pre installed.
to setup can i use the how to guide from bees but ignore the sat part, if not can you link a how to guide for me please.

i have requested info/prices from the recommend cable server sticky and got a few responses, do they all offer the same level of performance and is there any i should avoid. (you can PM me answer if not allowed to post answer)

i am very new to this, had eurovox and kv boxes but thought i would try HD box.

Hi,

Yeah, you can follow the guide and just miss out the sat parts, it's pretty
straight forward when the box is in front of you.

Getting a good server is the key really, I would expect you will pay between £60 -80 per year for a decent one.

People make the mistake of cheaping out at this point and will just get glitchy TV.

Sometimes paying an extra tenner for a good stable service is well worth while.

Sub for a month at first, if you are not happy move to another, when you get one you like
sub for longer periods it is a bit cheaper.

All servers are different, but they will probably ALL be better than what you have been used to with KV
so try a couple of different ones.

I used to have a KV many moons ago, after switching I never looked back. (y)

Ahhhh Eurovox, those where the days, still got a soft spot for them lol

Last edited:
please can you explain the difference between c line and n line. is it ex c&W and NTL or something totally different.

In general,

C lines are used by small servers, N Lines by big servers.

If you have a good stable service this will be more important than the type of line you are using.

Glitching generally comes from over subscription not the type of line you use.

C Lines run in CCcam

N Lines run in Mgcamd

Nothing to do with NTL etc.

Just the type of server, nlines use mgcamd and cccam and are more reliable theoretically. Clines use cccam. However I've had good clines and bad nlines in the past so if it's a well run server don't worry about it

Back