original xbox

ssimon

hi guys, ( I know this is the 360 part of the forum, but couldn't find anywhere for original xbox )anyone know how I can install new roms on an original xbox without ftp, I bought one on ebay and all the coin ops are on it, I want to install mega drive and snes roms too, I was hoping to install via usb but xbox doesn't seen to recognize when a usb is installed. I also tried to burn an iso with different softwares but all seem to fail, so if anyone can help, that would be great.

best to have a coolrunner chip installed you can do all the above and more. if you still want to play online you will need a dual nand installed or use a 360 key

best to have a coolrunner chip installed you can do all the above and more. if you still want to play online you will need a dual nand installed or use a 360 key

hi mike, thanks for reply, Im assuming the coolrunner chip needs soldering, to that I wouldn't even attempt my friend, The xbox has xbmc installed and as mentioned before I cant find any option within it to install roms via usb. Was hoping to install directly from usb pen and having no knowledge of xbmc was hoping someone on the forum knew how to, if its even possible

How big is the USB key and what format is it. Try and use a key less than 2GB in size and FAT format.

Alternatively if you can connect it to the network then its easier to FTP the files to the box

Back