Keep alive should be = 1 on ccccam reader, its inactivity timeout is the setting normally for idle time.

Best to answer Dangerous questions so more information the better

N-line, delay from fta to sly. Once running sly to sly no delay.

---------- Post Merged at 07:48 PM ----------

Newcamd

N-line, delay from fta to sly. Once running sly to sly no delay.

---------- Post Merged at 07:48 PM ----------

Newcamd
Just running satellite or both satellite and cable ?
Have you got an entry in caid:
Are you running a C and N line?

Last edited:
Ok, you should be good then. Could be the server that's slow to start your connection, I could test your line in my receiver if you want and i can tell you how it compares.

thanks for the Guide mate. was at it for a while but these steps helped a lot. up and running now

These steps are awesome...... 10 minutes MAX and Oscam is running. I have 3 lines in it, 1 expensive and 2 very cheap. the odd time I still have "freezes" for about 5 seconds. When I looking the log all seems fine. Maybe it is the internet provider? The freezes mostly happen around 18:10 (during the news).

thanks for the Guide mate. was at it for a while but these steps helped a lot. up and running now

These steps are awesome...... 10 minutes MAX and Oscam is running. I have 3 lines in it, 1 expensive and 2 very cheap. the odd time I still have "freezes" for about 5 seconds. When I looking the log all seems fine. Maybe it is the internet provider? The freezes mostly happen around 18:10 (during the news).
Glad to hear it, on the whole oscam works very well. I get the odd glitch now and again, I guess it's just down to this game we are all playing ;-)

How important is the CAID line for cable?
I had it before and was experiencing freezing - I thought it was the server but now I don't have it and all works fine with no freezing at all on the cable side and occasionally freezing on the sat side.
I thought cable wouldn't work with out the CAID but seems to be working great.

Hi guys,

I had taken a test line from a good friend on here but unfortuernaly it was glitching/freezing to no end. I did think it was the server, but I think it may be my setup more more specifically Oscam. Could it be possible that my box cant handle Oscam if that even makes sense?

Plus I have been having my box crashin constantly which never really happened as much since I changed to Oscam from Mgcamd.

However I have reflashed the box and am trying to setup Oscam from scratch now with two combo lines on VIX.

Couple of questions.

1. What files do I actually need and where is the best place to download them?

2. I have noticed there were 4 versions of Oscam in plugins but which is the stable version to download and use? I tried both versions of Oscam latest but have same issues.

3. I have two combo n lines. So would I need to set protocol to just newcamd in both readers as was hoping to add Mgcamd as been using that softcam for my lines for a while now?

4. Are the CAIDs always the same numbers or can they differ and is this mandatory to have in the reader field?

I rather do all this from scratch so I know for a fact if same issues with freezing/glitching occur then its my setup or Oscam isnt suitable for my box and then I will go back to Mgcamd.

Answers would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Are you running ATV as this is for ATV and the instructions are already posted, vix is different to set up initially?

Oh sorry this thread is best for Oscam, thats why I posted in here. I just thought the setup would be virtually the same for both ATV and VIX.

Shall I create a new thread for VIX setup?

Hi there,

I'm trying to setup Oscam using the very clear instructions from gmangt4, but it's not working. I'm obviously doing something wrong, can anyone help please.

Irene

Wooshbuild 5.3 It just isn't working I'm not great at this stuff and I think I might be putting something in wrong somewhere but I'm not sure where, sorry for being so vague.

Thanks

Irene

I'm running wooshbuild and following these instructions it worked first time
Double check the oscam.server file you made is formatted correctly and you have put it in usr/keys/oscam_ATV
Also make sure you restarted oscam after putting your oscam.server file on your box

Back