*********UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS IN POST #45************

Just for anybody else interested here is how I got Oscam running on ATV

Download and install oscam atv emu, make it your active cam and restart it in menu, info panel, softcam panel

use filezilla or your FTP program of choice and go to USR folder, then KEYS folder, in there you will see oscam_atv....open this and look for oscam.server

I then dragged oscam.server to my desktop to be able to edit with notepad++ I then deleted all the details in there and pasted in one of my own readers, saved it and then sent it back to the box, overwriting when prompted.

I then restarted oscam on the box and bingo

I hope that helps folks

What a fantastic post, thank you for your help. I have a few questions, I followed your instructions and have set my box up with both lines see below, and its working great, I assume my newcamd line is working at the moment and if it goes down my ccam line will start ? I guess inactivitytimeout in reader TV1 is the length of time before ccam will start ? what is 60 ? is it 60 seconds ?

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = myserver,myport
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = myusername
password = mypassword
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

[reader]
label = TV2
protocol = cccam
device = myserver,myport
user = myusername
password = mypassword
inactivitytimeout = 30
group = 1
cccversion = 2.2.1
cccmaxhops = 2
ccckeepalive = 1
cccreshare = 1

Hi,
it will connect to both at the same time, you can look in live log to see which one its using, but can alternate and will ask for codes from both or all servers entered and use the first response it sees back, if one goes down it will continue to run on the available up server(s).
Inactivity timeout is in seconds and its the setting for how long it will stay connected to the server after you turn over to a FTA channels for example, or any scenario that don't need an active connection to your server.
I hope that helped.

thanks for clearing that up, is there anyway to test that its working? If I go on oscam info and select show readers/proxies TV2 is showing in red I assume its not working? or is it red because TV1 is currently active ?

Go to oscam web interface and it will show status, if you click on "live log" it will show you the ecm's, and update every 8 secs if in sat.
To get to Web interface it's the ip address if your box followed by :83.
So for example 192.168.0.7:83 and oscam web interface will come up.
See post 45 in thus thread for instructions.

ok oscam log says (ccam) (ccam(r) TV2:login failed usr/pwd invalid ? before I ask my provider to check can you just tell me if my config file is correct for TV2 ?

That looks like you have a typo in the reader, either username or password or both,
You cam me your line and reader if you want copied and pasted in to pm and I can check for you if you want?

i have got one of my lines running following this guide, but the 2nd line wont work.
They both work individually using CCcam 2.3.0 using newcamd protocol with the lines set as N: in a Ccam.cfg file, but I wanted to use Oscam to run them together.
I've tried them both individually and that same line wont work in Oscam.
Is it possible that this is because of the line that is provided or more likely I'm doing something wrong?

You would need to enter the N line details into a newcamd reader, then it will work.
There's a copy of one back in this thread ;-)

the 2nd line still doesn't work in oscam, in CCam.cfg I had them both working set as below:

N: server port user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
N: server port user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

[reader]
label=TV1
enable=1
protocol=newcamd
key=0102030405060708091011121314
device=server,port
user=username
password=password
group=1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

[reader]
label=TV2
enable=1
protocol=newcamd
key=0102030405060708091011121314
device=server,port
user=username
password=password
group=1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

only one of the lines will work in Oscam.
Both say connected but one has 100% ECM OK, the other has 100% ECM NOK
The error i see in the log is 'Demuxer 0 no suitable readers found that can be used for decoding!'
Im struggling to understand why?

What channel are you trying to watch when you get that message?
Try a movie channel and get back to me?

ok thats strange, I deleted the line thats working from oscam.server, put it onto a movie channel and restarted oscam and its working.

All working good now, added the 2nd line back in too.
Weird, all i did was put it onto a movie channel before restarting oscam.
Thanks for your help.

Yes, on cccam reader it will connect on FTA channels without asking for codes from server, whereas an N line in newcamd will be unknown until you try a premium channels then it will try to connect, always best way to test if entered correctly is just try a premium channel.

A very big thanks to gmangt4 for his guide even a novice like me was able to get up and running in 30mins at least I can see if all my lines are connected now cheers

ok I have got 3 lines working all newcamnd they are all green but when I look at the live log it says the below repeatedly for one line?

• 2016/12/07 21:34:57 67C62A3B p (reader) TV2 [newcamd] connecting to (myserver)
  • 2016/12/07 21:34:57 67C62A3B p (reader) TV2 [newcamd] disconnected: reason receive error1
  • 2016/12/07 21:34:57 67C62A3B p (newcamd) expected MSG_CLIENT_2_SERVER_LOGIN_ACK (E1), received FF

Either your details are not correct or the line is down

Edit: Could you tell me what line it is , N line or CWS line?

Last edited:
Back