1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oscam For Openvix Guide.

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by gmangt4, Dec 9, 2016.

1. pamrit

pamrit Member

Excellent guide, works a treat. thank you

bangord30 likes this.
  2. RockOn

RockOn Member

Thank you kindly!

bangord30 likes this.
  3. ConSean

ConSean Member

Thank you! Best guide by far, finally have oscam working

bangord30 likes this.
  4. mariegriff

mariegriff Member

Excellent guide, setup within 2 minutes
    Thanks

5. johnboy196

johnboy196 Member

hi

can you tell me where the best place is to get the oscam r9620 r18 for open vix as the plugin download are not supported for zgemma h2 any more..

thanks

6. lancable

lancable T K Veteran Forum Supporter

download any oscam mate it will install just edit config

johnboy196 likes this.
  7. johnboy196

johnboy196 Member

ok will try thanks

8. johnboy196

johnboy196 Member

right installed the latest oscam 11381 on to my box added the files converted my line restarted box but nothing channels will not clear..

9. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

Check all your details again as if it was correct it should work

10. dieselakita

dieselakita Member

well fantastic walkthrough gmangt4 I've been trying this now over the last few weeks and failed up to today and all because of 1 thing I was doing wrong the downloaded file I sent it to desktop and then dragging the zipped file to the tuxbox folder instead of unzipped so take note anyone who have made same mistake

gmangt4 and bangord30 like this.
  11. thegunner

thegunner Member

GmanGT4 first of all would like to say great article. but i have a problem i have followed your guide and i am at the stage where it says i am connected on the premium channels but dont have any showing.
    i am setting up an Amiko Alien 8900 running Enigma 2.
    Really scratching my head with this one.

bangord30 and gmangt4 like this.
  12. gmangt4

gmangt4 TK Veteran

I can't quite remember the Amiko setup as was so long ago I had one, but generally if oscam showing the lines connected and receiving the proper ecm's but still black screen it can mean another cam like cccam is running in the background somewhere. I also think I had to use a modded version of oscam on my amiko but could have changed in the meantime.

13. thegunner

thegunner Member

there are no more cams running when i open softcam manager. where could i find out if there is another running

14. gmangt4

gmangt4 TK Veteran

I'm not that sure on your software, had a zgemma recently with similar issue and no other cam installed showing installed on softcam panel....but one had been installed using tspanel and I didn't know until found it and switched it off and then restarted oscam.....does the status show lines connected? What does the live log say? I seem to remember something like oscam SH4 or something like that had to be used?

StuBFrost likes this.
  15. thegunner

thegunner Member

it says trying to descramble/restarting decoding requests. status shows connected. the box has oscam SH4

16. gmangt4

gmangt4 TK Veteran

Might just be a typo on your line entry into the readers in oscam.server
    Double check them or get someone on here to check them for you
    What does it say for line status at right hand side of screen on oscam status page? Unknown or connected?

17. thegunner

thegunner Member

it is connected. just had a thought and tried it on a premium channel but non HD and it is working.

18. gmangt4

gmangt4 TK Veteran

Good your working
    Unfortunately most of the hd ones don't clear on sat and some joined them recently :(

19. thegunner

thegunner Member

Yeah i can live with that. thanks for your help. much appreciated.

20. hannaman

hannaman Member

Iv got this up and running both sat and virmin but just one problem I can't figure out I'm watching itv+1 and the sound keeps cutting out every 4/5 mins for around 4/5 minutes and come back on. Would this be a problem with my oscam setup the wife is doing my head in over it.

bangord30 likes this.