Oscam For Openvix Guide.

Use your IP address of the receiver plus :9000 or :83 or :8888
And check what the log is saying
Example :

192.168.1.2:8888

Error message will be there if line has expired etc

The line is still working. I don't understand the login bit. I use DCC to connect to the box.

Not a clue. Please start a new thread for that question otherwise this one will get messy.

The line is still working. I don't understand the login bit. I use DCC to connect to the box.
Use a pc
Type 192.168.1.1:8888
Or what ever is your IP address
Then you will see a oscam interface, from here all settings can be changed, servers loaded in etc, view log activity
Any errors will show up, which will point to the problem

This sounds stupid, probable but in what do I type the ip address, in my browser or in DCC to connect to box??

Still not sorted out my problem. The Zero works great but I can't get it to decrypt channels. The lines are good and I'm using oscam but not working on certain channels.

Thanks for the help and the config.zip files.
iv been scratching my head over this and got my hd channels back now thanks to you.
much aprieciated mate! cheers :)

Oscam is getting more popular and seems more and more people looking to get it running so I thought I would paste the email I send to people that ask me for instructions with attached config needed to get you going on Vix, the port I use is :9000, standard port is 8888 if people want to use the instructions with other config files.

This is for vix, if your using ATV then there is a separate thread here http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/95494-oscam-atv.html

Install oscam ( I recommend r9620 r18 ) on your box via the plugins, softcams option but the latest will be fine

I've attached a zipped config folder for oscam,

Download and unzip the file attached to somewhere easy to remember/access ( I use desktop )

Then using Filezilla or your FTP program of choice, connect to your box and navigate to the ETC folder, then find Tuxbox folder, drag the whole unzipped config folder to the tuxbox folder. Overwrite if prompted.

Once thats done go to your box and bring up softcam manager, I use blue button then softcam manager
Untick and stop any cams ticked to autostart and tick oscam to autostart, MAKE SURE YOU STOP ALL RUNNING CAMS, now highlight oscam and select restart/start, it should restart without error if applied ok. It must be restarted to allow access to the webinterface.

When oscam is restarted after applying the config file go to computer and enter your box ip address into the browser bar followed by :9000 that's full colon not semi, so something like 192.168.0.3:9000
press enter or go whatever your browser needs to go to the address.

Oscam web interface should appear.. if it don't appear try rebooting your box..and try again..make sure ip address of box has not changed...this can be found in menu, information, network

Now at the top look for the tab/word Files, click this and then a sub menu will appear, click on oscam.server, in here you will see the examples that I've put in for you, its set up for 2 lines, but you can add more or just run one, edit these with your own details. There's a comma between the server address and port, this must remain, be careful not to delete by accident

Once you've edited it with your details scroll to the bottom of the page and select save, then scroll to the top and select restart tab on top right of page, then on pop up click restart or ok, wait 10 secs and try and see if channels clear.

Sometimes a box reboot is needed.

If using Newcamd readers you will have to turn your box on to a premium channel to instigate a connection, cccam readers will connect without going to premium channel.

On the Oscam web interface status page you will see connected at the right hand side of the screen, if it says unknown then something not right, check the live log tab to see what the error is

Also on the oscam web interface the live log tab will update every 8 secs on sat and every 10 secs on cable with your ECM's if your interested. It will also tell you if something is wrong like incorrect password, what server its using, etc

For an example of how to enter your line, here's an example

CWS = your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

or

N: your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = your.server.com,port

key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username

password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

I hope this helps,

Cheers
Hi all,
Can anyone help I've followed the guide right up until the point where I need to type in the IP on my web browser and I keep getting to a error screen saying the website can't be reached, I've checked everything and I can't seem to pin down what's wrong, when I restart the oscam I get no error messages but it doesn't appear to be running could this be the issue?
Any help would be grateful appreciated.
Thanks
Oscam is getting more popular and seems more and more people looking to get it running so I thought I would paste the email I send to people that ask me for instructions with attached config needed to get you going on Vix, the port I use is :9000, standard port is 8888 if people want to use the instructions with other config files.

This is for vix, if your using ATV then there is a separate thread here http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/95494-oscam-atv.html

Install oscam ( I recommend r9620 r18 ) on your box via the plugins, softcams option but the latest will be fine

I've attached a zipped config folder for oscam,

Download and unzip the file attached to somewhere easy to remember/access ( I use desktop )

Then using Filezilla or your FTP program of choice, connect to your box and navigate to the ETC folder, then find Tuxbox folder, drag the whole unzipped config folder to the tuxbox folder. Overwrite if prompted.

Once thats done go to your box and bring up softcam manager, I use blue button then softcam manager
Untick and stop any cams ticked to autostart and tick oscam to autostart, MAKE SURE YOU STOP ALL RUNNING CAMS, now highlight oscam and select restart/start, it should restart without error if applied ok. It must be restarted to allow access to the webinterface.

When oscam is restarted after applying the config file go to computer and enter your box ip address into the browser bar followed by :9000 that's full colon not semi, so something like 192.168.0.3:9000
press enter or go whatever your browser needs to go to the address.

Oscam web interface should appear.. if it don't appear try rebooting your box..and try again..make sure ip address of box has not changed...this can be found in menu, information, network

Now at the top look for the tab/word Files, click this and then a sub menu will appear, click on oscam.server, in here you will see the examples that I've put in for you, its set up for 2 lines, but you can add more or just run one, edit these with your own details. There's a comma between the server address and port, this must remain, be careful not to delete by accident

Once you've edited it with your details scroll to the bottom of the page and select save, then scroll to the top and select restart tab on top right of page, then on pop up click restart or ok, wait 10 secs and try and see if channels clear.

Sometimes a box reboot is needed.

If using Newcamd readers you will have to turn your box on to a premium channel to instigate a connection, cccam readers will connect without going to premium channel.

On the Oscam web interface status page you will see connected at the right hand side of the screen, if it says unknown then something not right, check the live log tab to see what the error is

Also on the oscam web interface the live log tab will update every 8 secs on sat and every 10 secs on cable with your ECM's if your interested. It will also tell you if something is wrong like incorrect password, what server its using, etc

For an example of how to enter your line, here's an example

CWS = your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

or

N: your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = your.server.com,port

user = username

password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

I hope this helps,

Cheers

I've managed to get oscam working but it freezes every 5 seconds or so for 10 seconds. Anyone got any ideas on what is causing this? It was fine when using mgcamd before

Hi Im trying to set oscam on my openvix box. I got latest oscam plugin installed. I've edited the config .server file. sent it along with all the other files in the zip folder, ftp into the ETC\tux\config folder. When I try to start the oscam from softcam manager, it doesnt seem to activate. i.e. shows active, but not active oscam.
I can also get into the box from browser using webtif. But in here I dont see anywhere anything to do with oscam.
I'm a bit lost now. Any idea? why it won't activate

[reader]
label = Virgin
enable = 1
protocol = newcamd
device =xxxx
user = xxxx
password = xxx
disableserverfilter = 1
fallback = 1
caid = 1841
ident = 1841:000000
audisabled = 1
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

The above is how I edited the oscam.server manually and not via Openwebtif.

I have now set up my "VU+Solo se" with the latest version of Oscam & it appears to be working fine apart from it will no longer allow me to watch one channel whilst recording another.
The Solo se normally allows this due to the tuner setup & always worked perfectly on Mgcam, any thoughts on what could remedy this.
Thanks..

I have now set up my "VU+Solo se" with the latest version of Oscam & it appears to be working fine apart from it will no longer allow me to watch one channel whilst recording another.
The Solo se normally allows this due to the tuner setup & always worked perfectly on Mgcam, any thoughts on what could remedy this.
Thanks..
Do you have a link for the latest oscam, I think the old version I have is giving me problems.

Back