OSCam instant change to next line when one stops

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
So i have been getting odd freezes using the load balancer set to (1 - Fastest Reader First)

Eventually the fastest reader gets to a stage where it wants to freeze on a certain channel, does anyone know the a good setting for running multiple lines on OScam as i'm sure the response on the other provider can replace the freeze, the freeze stays for about 5-10 seconds on that line that was being used which is why i thought i'd ask if anyone knows a good way to configure the OSCam settings with multiple cable lines so it can constantly switch between each line preventing freezes to occur?

Thanks

I run oscam from time to time with multiple lines and mgcamnd aswell when I get bored with oscam I flick between the two, and both cams have both my cable lines already on them, I never bother with changing loadbalancer as it will send to all readers at the same time, regarding freezing though, you will likely find though none will openly admit to it that the freezing channels are probably being shared amongst multiple severs across the uk amongst people watching those channels, so if you have two lines for example set up and a channel freezes and dont switch to the other line then its a good possibility that the other line is getting the source for the freezing channel from the same location and it will make no difference to that channel, for popular channels its different and the different lines will prevent those small blips you might get every now and then.

I have two providers for cable, one off here and one from somewhere else, when looking at oscam I notice it likes to switch to the provider off her for certain channels as I assume they have the best ecm times but other channels like for example the music category it switches to the other provider so its definately doing its job for those channels, just wish freezing channels like ginx and some of the plus one channels would work.

So i have been getting odd freezes using the load balancer set to (1 - Fastest Reader First)

If I were you, I would try setting load balancer to 0, i.e. ignore load balancer, letting the machine poll all servers every time, and thereby taking the quickest response every time.

Of course that does not necessarily mean that you will have no freeze, because all your servers might have high/nok ecm at the same time. What you could do to get some sense of which server is doing what, is by opening a new tab on your browser e.g. and observe the ecm times within the Show Graph tab under the Readers tab.

If the multi-line graphic is too confusing, you can switch on and off different readers on the first column of another tab displaying Readers on your browser, leaving only one reader on at any one time, and observe the behaviour of the ecm graph of each individual reader at different time - that would normally also inform you which reader has quicker and/or more reliable ecm time generally (for the same channel).

Cheers!

I keep it to 1 now, had no issues it was some server issues as specified on another thread which was discussed few weeks ago.

Back