Password protect

hopper

Hi all

I have entered my line and now want to password protect it.
I have looked over the settings and all I was able to find was parental control which allowed me to protect certain things.
I am trying to block access to the dream explorer so they cannot get access to the line but not the plugs on as people will be using Kodi.

Any help on this thanks

TK VETs will know the answer to this better than I do but if Im correct you dont/cant pw protect your line within any settings on the box, you should be on a closed network within your home & the only access from outside your network is through your router, this can be setup to limit access by changing default passwords & is something members do IF they want to access/stream to other devices while out & about. May not be a great explanation but I think Im on the right lines

Thanks I was thinking of setting a password on the FTP but because you can use Dream Explorer you can get straight to the line.
If I password the plugin section I also block access to Kodi and IPTV
Can't win....lol

You can't do that from outside your network.
or have you set it up so you can watch and change setting from outside your network

Really what I want to do is stop people from getting into the line settings from the box and taken the line details and reuse them.
Also reading through some of the posts here do you think it is wise to change the default ports?

Thanks

Then you have very likely to worry about them
i would only worry once you set a outside connection up

unless you don't trust the people you live with lol

Back