Paved blocking advise needed

layercake

hi guys

Garden is full of weeds, mainly the blocked paving, I stupidly power washed it while back and only brushed in sand on half the area, as i ran out of patience after spending two whole days washing the dam thing .. im now thinking of doing the lot again but wash and spray in some proper weed killer then once dry fill the dam spaces up with cement and then slap a sealer ontop.. anyone tried this method? or have another way to stop the weeds from coming up on the paving, my next door has nothing coming through his ! which leads me to believe mine may have been done on the cheap

cheers

I'll use that method for the edges after the top soil and crap is dug out, im finding alot of massive stones in the ground so the fabric may rip, do you reckon im best putting sand down first and then the fabric? which will then be covered with pebbles

As for the existing mono blocking i don't fancy getting that re-done it will cost a wack, was thinking of cleaning and brushing cement into the gaps instead of klin sand ? not read or seen anyone do this apart from on flags or other larger stones

I'll use that method for the edges after the top soil and crap is dug out, im finding alot of massive stones in the ground so the fabric may rip, do you reckon im best putting sand down first and then the fabric? which will then be covered with pebbles

As for the existing mono blocking i don't fancy getting that re-done it will cost a wack, was thinking of cleaning and brushing cement into the gaps instead of klin sand ? not read or seen anyone do this apart from on flags or other larger stones

Its the sealnt that you put on after its all done which will stop the weeds mate.

Back