Paying with PayPal

pogto

Hi. I'm looking to get IPTV and I see lots of services asking for PayPal payments. Maybe I'm paranoid but is this secure? I'm not a PP user but doesn't it tell the seller your name and address? What's the likelihood of any comeback from it?

You dont get much more secure than Paypal from a fraud point of view but yes paying that way is traceable.

Another issue you will come up against is IPTV sellers want you to pay by Friends & Family which gives them security but if they were to disappear you can not claim back off Paypal.

I doubt they are asking for a goods and services payment (which does show your name and address). If they are requesting 'Family and Friends' payment or payment sent as a gift then it will not show your address.

Edit: assuming its from here but can't see you've posted on requests. Assuming you are referring to websites, then yep - most likely it will show your address but you should be able to add a random address and choose for it to be 'sent' there. I use one of many retailer 'click and collect' pick up points already saved on my PayPal for when I don't want my personal address shown to the person I'm paying! lol

Last edited:
Personally, I would not pay for IPTV with PayPal it is 100% traceable to you. I would suggest crypto all the way. If they do not accept crypto I think I would question that a bit.

I think paranoia can spoil iptv for some, right from early days of all type of tv supply, from early cable to iptv i've used paypal, never used a vpn and never had a problem, as for crypto, i don't know anybody who know's what it is even!

Personally, I would not pay for IPTV with PayPal it is 100% traceable to you. I would suggest crypto all the way. If they do not accept crypto I think I would question that a bit.
Everything is traceable, are the authorities really going to that expense to trace someone who pays £50.

That is correct. I highly doubt that the authorities will come after someone (who if they are paying £50 it's either for 3 months or it's a Chinese server :smiley:) But I think it's more difficult to track down crypto than PayPal. All I am saying is that to me it's better to be safe than sorry. Is it paranoia to play it safe, I would say no, but to each their own. I would think that a seller would want to protect their identity so that they can keep their service up and safe. Just my thoughts! (y)

I and many of my friends have always used paypal friends and family for many years with no issue. I would probably not use it for some random supplier I found on the net but if it was someone from TK you should be ok. Every type of payment is traceable,even Crypto and they are not interested in the average Joe spending £50.00 here and there,they are after the big players.

Back