PBnigma 5.3 for Cloud Ibox 2+

drowzee1872

In recent weeks I have become very tired of Air Digital's apathy regards the Cloud Ibox 2+. Yes it's a clone, yes it's shunned by the image makers because it's a clone. However, up until very recently Air Digital continually provided working images to update and upgrade the boxes. This enabled access to plugins that made the boxes work.

At present the only images still working via the Air Digital download page are Open Pli and a very old Black Hole image.

After some research I came across PBnigma, I found a suitable image, edited the necessary files that enabled it to be flashed to the Cloud Ibox 2+.

A very nice image was the result. A mix between OpenATV and OpenPli.

So for all you Cloud Ibox 2+ users out there fed up with no access to images, why not give this a go.

finished-11.jpgfinished-12.jpgfinished-13.jpgfinished-14.jpgfinished-15.jpg

I used a Skin call PBkodXHD, I really like it. (Never one for fake Sly skins. Don't see the point of them - but I am guessing that as this is so similar to OpenATV then the slyk skin should be able to be applied.)

I wlll add the image to the download folder. For those competent enough to install without instructions feel free to do as you will.

Download

Note on FTP: Default is - username = root, password = powerboard

Softcams
Go into Plugins > Powerboard Center > Software Manager > Manage Extensions
Scroll down to Other and install the "Extra Feed" - Really easy to do.

Restart PBnigma and you will now have access to the Cam Manager submenu in Powerboard Center, where you will find all the softcams you need.

Last edited:
This is a excellent image, I've been running it on my box for a couple of weeks now and had no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copy the cloudix folder to a formatted USB stick, turn off the box at the back, put in the USB stick and turn back on. When front display says done turn the box off and take out the USB stick. Then turn back on and it will boot up.

Just giving this a go will let you know how it goes :)

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 AM ----------

Just installed this and it just hangs on the load screen and won't go any further :(

Just giving this a go will let you know how it goes :)

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 AM ----------

Just installed this and it just hangs on the load screen and won't go any further :(

Strange it works fine on my box. Is your box a clone?

No mate its a genuine box. Beginning to think i have a problem though. Was running openvix fine but got bored with it so I put openatv 5.3 on it and it just hung on load did a search and found this image and its done the same. Just installed a jensen back up image and its the same again. Think it must be something to do with openatv.

No mate its a genuine box. Beginning to think i have a problem though. Was running openvix fine but got bored with it so I put openatv 5.3 on it and it just hung on load did a search and found this image and its done the same. Just installed a jensen back up image and its the same again. Think it must be something to do with openatv.

The new openvix and openatv off the cloud ibox website no longer work. Openpli works ok though. But best bet is to use this pbnigma.

Is it definitely flashing the rom? These boxes are fussy with USB sticks

Yes its definitely flashing the box it comes up with the splash screen and then I get blue lines in the top left hand corner as if its busy. Have left it for about 20 minutes on first boot but it just stays there. Have been using the same USB stick for a couple of years to flash boxes and its never let me down so its not that. Jenseneverest backup is working now but its only openatv 5.1

Try egami, openmb or opendroid. These boxes can use images for the miraclebox mini.

Egami is similar to openvix, I've used it myself before its a good image.

Cheers will give them a look. Might persevere with pbnigma for a couple of days and see if I can get it going :-)

I don't think my slyk skin will work on this. It won't break anything, so no harm in trying. But I think a lot of things wont be skinned.

Tried Egami in the early hours but autobouquets and Crossepg both crashed the box so gave up. Just trying Opendroid and doesnt seem too bad :)

Tried Egami in the early hours but autobouquets and Crossepg both crashed the box so gave up. Just trying Opendroid and doesnt seem too bad :)

How are you getting on with opendroid? I've never tried it but would like to

Hiya yes its the latest bootloader and Opendroid is good but can't get any softcams working have been on it all morning trawled the forums and have given up on it for now. Just installing openvix-4.2.008.release-cloud-ibox-2-plus_usb dated 9th October

Hiya yes its the latest bootloader and Opendroid is good but can't get any softcams working have been on it all morning trawled the forums and have given up on it for now. Just installing openvix-4.2.008.release-cloud-ibox-2-plus_usb dated 9th October

You'll find that ftp doesn't work on any of the new openvix images

Need idiots guide to installing this image.

If you still need this, I think I can oblige.

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 PM ----------

Yes its definitely flashing the box it comes up with the splash screen and then I get blue lines in the top left hand corner as if its busy. Have left it for about 20 minutes on first boot but it just stays there. Have been using the same USB stick for a couple of years to flash boxes and its never let me down so its not that. Jenseneverest backup is working now but its only openatv 5.1

Honestly, it could be the USB stick, happened to me once I think and I reformatted and copied the image to the flash drive again! In the link folder is a fat 32 formatter, use that to reformat the usb drive, or try another. It is worth a shot. It doesn't take very long to get to the installation menu normally.

No I know about the FTP not working but I just use ES Explorer on my phone it does the job. At least with the new ones the plugins download still works :grin:

I use HPUSB to format the stick and do a full format not a quick one. I have another stick somewhere might back up my new vix image now and try it as there is bugger all on the telly lol

Last edited:
Back