pc running far to slow

there a few good free one up on the site linny in usefull free app have a look in there and if you cant find what you want i have agv 8 and kasperskky 2009 if you want me to up load for you let me know

Last edited:
thanks ive managed to upload my avg8 so im fully protected.

My problem now is my buffalo hard drive. For some reason its not being picked up by the pc. Now im not sure if i have sussed out why. Its got a lockware thingy on, which was obviously all saved on the old pc before we formatted it last night BUT it was also saved to the hard drive. So i think its all still there but locked on the **** hard drive so cant access it. Never thought to also save info to another pc. IM going to try and see if i can use the hard drive on my sons pc so i can open it. if not then im not sure what to do.

This whole thing is a nightmare lol!

hi linny good to hear your getting sorted, to change your keyboard settings
Start > All Programs > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options. Go to the Languages tab, and click Details. Add English (United Kingdom) using the Add button on the right hand side of the dialogue. Click Apply. Select it as the Default input language using the drop-down menu at the top of the same dialogue. Click Apply, problem was the wrong regional settings were selected on reinstallation, no biggy.

have you done all updates on xp before trying to use your external?
or else if it doesnt show on the desktop when its connected try selecting my computer when its connected and see if it shows up there

Nice to see you are getting there Linny :)

As for the mixed up Keyboard keys?

During a reinstall the Keyboard will be defaulted to USA unless it's predefined by the installer.
It's very easy to sort afterwards though :)

Procedure

Start

Control Panel

Date. Time, Language, and Regional Options

Regional and Language Options

Set the required settings to "English United Kingdom" (as per Pics bellow).

Make sure to click the "APPLY" & "OK" button to save the changes (y)

keyboard1h.jpg

keyboard2r.jpg

-

hi linny good to hear your getting sorted, to change your keyboard settings
Start > All Programs > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options. Go to the Languages tab, and click Details. Add English (United Kingdom) using the Add button on the right hand side of the dialogue. Click Apply. Select it as the Default input language using the drop-down menu at the top of the same dialogue. Click Apply, problem was the wrong regional settings were selected on reinstallation, no biggy.

have you done all updates on xp before trying to use your external?
or else if it doesnt show on the desktop when its connected try selecting my computer when its connected and see if it shows up there

No it was not showing up on my computer and when i went into the setting for disk management the bar was black! ( im sure some of you understand that) but my friend is mnageing to fix it. Taking a long time as he has got to load it all on his pc then reformat the external hard drive and then put it all back on. ( what a job!)

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Thanks Gman did not see that post before. sorted now!

Back