Peugeot 3008

Boldguy

Have had multiple electrical faults showing on dashboard of a 3008 battery charge or electrical supply fault message, also tyre pressure not monitored message. We have had an auto electrical engineer last week he has the parking sensors working now but still the other messages he checked battery, alternator no problems with them. Any ideas for me to help him tomorrow when he comes back.

Did he run diagnostics on car to get all the fault codes.

Check all earth straps around under engine compartment.

Any strange updated bulbs fitted

If battery was replaced does car need to be told as in other makes via diagnostic machine as old battery would throw up codes due to high resistance and newer battery had less.

Fuses are ok and not corroded.

I see the bsi still has issues with this model , no surprise there.

Means big money if bust. Very common on pugs.

BSI Unit. The BSI unit is basically a computer which. handles a multitude of functions such as. odometer value, central locking, lights and. immobiliser.

Ok so here's the score upto press because of the crappy design of the 3008 upto 16 plate the boot splits and wires run alongside the bottom section of boot and 3 of the wires had snapped, so it was earth and I can't remember the other 2 but hopefully that's about it. Thank you for your input cactikid

Was something dropped on it to cut the wires i wonder as on a floor panel should be safe.

Modern cars and electronics are a pain in the arse.

Back