1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phenom 8650 triple core overclock

Discussion in 'Overclocking, PC Performance' started by aldan, Apr 11, 2013.

1. aldan

aldan VIP Member

i have an older phenom 8650 triple core in a f61pmv foxconn mb. i used fox intelligent overclock to boost it from 2.3ghz to 2.7ghz.my core temps dont go over 43c on a stress test. how far can you go on these?

2. ferguj1

ferguj1 Super Duper Modulator Staff Member

You could always do a quick search and get an average, but all processors are slightly different and most configurations and setups will vary as well with airflow being the main variable. Sounds like you have started out on the right foot. Bump it slightly and then stress test it and watch the temps and stability. Although I do know from experience there are times when it will pass the stress test and then crash on reboot or when running under "normal" conditions.

One thing to be aware of would be voltages. Some boards when using the intelligent BIOS tweaks or software tweaking systems that ship with MB, can alter the voltages to what they view as optimum for the amount of clock cycles you have input. Be wary of this, as you can push the voltages too far and not have a chance to know it until its too late.

3. aldan

aldan VIP Member

thats the one thing that worried me. with this setup i cant alter the cpu voltage.it sits at 1.25v.some sites recommend 1.3v. sure is quicker now tho.got it to 2.81ghz and alls well.great old processor.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  4. aldan

aldan VIP Member

well i think i answered my own question. had to back it off to 2.78ghz with a bus freq. of 242mhz. think ive found its limit. its been fun tho.lol

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013