phoenix hd a850 setup.

no one ever knows what it fixes but you have to factory reset/rescan after box is updated(y)

you might miss something if you dont.

opsss, think I have just BRICKED my box,,, just did the new firmware update through option internet update -A850_V1.02.07_2014_05_26 --it got to 75% then froze and stayed at this 75% for over 15mins, i decided its a big crash, so switched every off to try again, no luck with it bombing right away now not even getting any Percent, just bombs out, I can't get it to update now also with a USB PEN with the file A850_V1.02.07_2014_05_26 only on it the usb pen,

Checking if everyone else is happy and got the new firmwire working and watching the UKGOLD channel with repeats LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE years 1988-90 series as they where the best-----unlike me here now looking at dead screen, I love that show...... i got to scan for the channels and have all the new channels showing but all scambled and like I said I can't update to the new firmware,

some info of the state of my box:
Model Name: C MODEL
Hardware Version: HV 1.0.00.00
Software Version: SV 1.01.08
Software date : April 29 2013
Boot Version H3.55

A850 HD 232 Serial Flash Tool In Downloads
You Will Need A Serial Null Modem RS232 Cable.
On the Loader App Select The Com Port.
Press Browse And Select The A850C_FW_V1.01.06.img File Thats Included.
Power Off your A850 Then Press Send On The Loader Then Turn The A850 Back On

Not just you mate mine is the same and there are loads of posts all over the various forums I use saying the same thing. Just need to wait it out, it had been going really well too!

Doubtful there will be any development work ongoing for that box. Just a hunch but they no longer sell that box or indeed the a780 therefore revenue streams likely to be minimal. And there new subs based model I don't think will be as succesfull as there last. This remains to be seen but if there is little to no money coming in we will be lucky if they preserve the server running costs never mind spending money on development. Hope am wrong off course but as a businessman I find it difficult to comprehend how they will fund it going forward.

good write up, i am now going to put it to the test

Hi all...I have the Phoenix A850 and seem to have lost many channels. When I used to rescan I used to scan on TW then select LEWISHAM. But this is missing. Any idea how I can get it back please? Thanks guys.

---------- Post Merged at 08:14 PM ----------

Hi all...I have the Phoenix A850 and seem to have lost many channels. When I used to rescan I used to scan on TW then select LEWISHAM. But this is missing. Any idea how I can get it back please? Thanks guys.

ahh the famous lost id trick lol ok go find a working virgin media box and do this then to kv box factory reset first and connect to main feed no splitters or lan needed.

Using your subbed box... Not the KV box.

Press the home button on your VM remote control.
Go to settings.
Then technical stuff.
Your net id is the first item on the list.

input that info into box in manual scan mode
that should bring up a few channels then automatic scan should now list your net id then continue.

Thanks Cactikid. So the net ID I need is 41069. How do I actually add this to the list when I scan using the "tw or c&w autoscan? I'm a bit confused. Sorry and thanks as always.

Hi please advise as soon as possible is the kryptview a850 the best box to buy and are all channels working on it on virgin

Back