phoenix hd a850 setup.

Hi guys,

I dont have a KV at all any more, but what I've always never quite understood is why we need to use an attenuator? Also, what difference would it make, say using an attenuator with a splitter?

it was for too strong a signal that it was used,i would remove it first with the new image to see how things go.

it was for too strong a signal that it was used,i would remove it first with the new image to see how things go.

Thanks. I get what an attenuator does, but I still don't understand what exactly is wrong with having too strong a signal? I mean it still works... The only reason I can think of is that it's perhaps a bit fairer to other people in the area?

I can't think of any other reason. I won't be buying a KV A850 tbf. I did however have an A780 tho. I'm just curious :)

Kryptview A850 download- I think I made the mistake of upgrading with the Necamm download dated 17 May instead of the 23 May download. Have I? Can someone tell me the difference please.

Thanks. I get what an attenuator does, but I still don't understand what exactly is wrong with having too strong a signal? I mean it still works... The only reason I can think of is that it's perhaps a bit fairer to other people in the area?

I can't think of any other reason. I won't be buying a KV A850 tbf. I did however have an A780 tho. I'm just curious :)

picture breakup and other issues as when the 850 came out first tuners might have been set wrong hence a fix came out to fix the problem.

Kryptview A850 download- I think I made the mistake of upgrading with the Necamm download dated 17 May instead of the 23 May download. Have I? Can someone tell me the difference please.

your still on the wrong one latest is 26th lol,online update or downloads.

i have now done an Internet update, Software Date is now May 27, Software Version SV1.02.05.

Everything has stopped working again. It stopped working before I did the Internet update. I have entered the NEWCAMD details again but no joy. I did factory reset, delete all channels before updating. I even did the Usb update, followed by the Internet update. Help please.

Last edited:
im struggling to get to grips with this new set up how the I find my web address and do I need to subscribe to virgin ive always just run my box through a cable im with sky ,

im struggling to get to grips with this new set up how the I find my web address and do I need to subscribe to virgin ive always just run my box through a cable im with sky ,

If your brdbnd is from vermin then you already have a cable feed(need a splitter kit for that) if not then you need to go over to the "dark side" aka sat and you can get the equivalent via your sly dish..! so you have a few options.. Ted

Hi need a little help web address begins HTTP etc. I have at top server IP do I put all in there if so what bit in port
Further down deskey can't match up grateful for help
Cheers

Hi need a little help web address begins HTTP etc. I have at top server IP do I put all in there if so what bit in port
Further down deskey can't match up grateful for help
Cheers

the host is usually just (EG) microsoft.com no http or www

on a kryptview the port number is inputted with the numbers on the remote control

the deskey number 01 to 14 is inputted 0102030405 etc, no gaps

press the menu key and go to installation.
There's a new sub menu here caled newcamd/mgcamd setup.
Click this and input the info in there.

If you haven't got this sub menu, your box isn't updated to latest firmware version

If you haven't got this sub menu, your box isn't updated to latest firmware version

Hi thanks for the reply. I have put the latest firmwar and have 1.02.07 on it but still cannot see the newcamd/mgcamd setup menu. Is it a hidden menu?

Not sure what else to do.

Hi thanks for the reply. I have put the latest firmwar and have 1.02.07 on it but still cannot see the newcamd/mgcamd setup menu. Is it a hidden menu?

Not sure what else to do.

Try updating again -- the latest file is V1.03.03 (dated 15 jun 16)

Back