Picture freezing when recording two channels

Sorry for so many questions it's just that i have the exact same set up and can record two whilst watching a third with no break up. I am using CCAM did have MGCAM in the beginning. But has been rock solid since.

Sorry for so many questions it's just that i have the exact same set up and can record two whilst watching a third with no break up. I am using CCAM did have MGCAM in the beginning. But has been rock solid since.

Will be honest CCcam is this best in handling recording two channels at once but I still get pixelation so using CCcam isnt really a fix.

The thing is with CCcam & MGcamd you cant see a log so you have to wait for the picture to break up to see if the problem is occuring.

This is made worst as it seems there is some sort of cache so you do not see the break up straight away.

If you look at the OScam log it still decodes one channel so you can be viewing one channel and it's only when you view the recording or switch to the other channel do you realize its breaking up.

Last edited:
After seeing your diagram and the loop setup I am pretty sure this sounds like the problems the Xtrend 8500
had, I believe it's fixed now but they had to wait for a driver update to come out on Openvix before it was sorted.

You may need to get in touch with w o s and let them know about your problem.

After seeing your diagram and the loop setup I am pretty sure this sounds like the problems the Xtrend 8500
had, I believe it's fixed now but they had to wait for a driver update to come out on Openvix before it was sorted.

You may need to get in touch with w o s and let them know about your problem.

I am unaware of the problem with the Xtrend 8500, what was it?

I have created a thread on W O S but after a few questions it is now dead.

Would the loop effect the tuner card with 2 tuners on board?

I have tried with the second tuner card removed and the loop cable removed still but no dice.

Also would this problem effect openATV as well as the problem occurs with that software too.

Last edited:
So just fitted the variable attenuator, but I am unsure how to proceed.

I have reduced the signal to the point where the SNR figure stays at 99% but the AGC reduces.

Even when doing this the problem is still there:(

I have even turned it down 50% SNR & 50% AGC but you guessed it problem still occurs.

Unless I am doing something wrong I dont think the signal is the problem.

Hmmm. Is there defo nobody else you can try the box at or borrow theirs???

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I've had a go at what is giving you problems as I have the exact same set up. Running Vix 4.2.020 with CCAM at present recording Sky1 HD and Channel 5 HD and viewing BBC2 HD and so far no pixelation.
I checked the levels and they're same or similar to yours when i press ok twice, not sure if they're true readings.

Unfortunately not, so looks like short of buying another box I am screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a go at what is giving you problems as I have the exact same set up. Running Vix 4.2.020 with CCAM at present recording Sky1 HD and Channel 5 HD and viewing BBC2 HD and so far no pixelation.
I checked the levels and they're same or similar to yours when i press ok twice, not sure if they're true readings.

I dont just get pixelation, video & audio stops for 10 seconds on one channel because it isnt being decoded all of the time.

If I am getting N/A for tuner A and 50% signal for tuner B, what could be the cause of this?

No offence but I think you would get more help if you started a thread dedicated to your problem.

- - - Updated - - -

So anything else I can try? The only thing I can think of that I have not replaced is the receiver itself.

I dont just get pixelation, video & audio stops for 10 seconds on one channel because it isnt being decoded all of the time.[/QUOTE]

i get that on my boxes viewing and recording but say 5 secs and know it my internet freezes as light stop flashing so picture freezes then lights start flashing and things resume.

So your trying to record two channels and watch a third?

It might be a limit on the ecm that your server provider has put in place.

Maybe try two or even 3 lines in oscam to be sure. That way you rule out any server problems and can look at your setup or a possible fault with the receiver.

So your trying to record two channels and watch a third?

It might be a limit on the ecm that your server provider has put in place.

Maybe try two or even 3 lines in oscam to be sure. That way you rule out any server problems and can look at your setup or a possible fault with the receiver.

No I am just trying to record one channel and view another.

I think its worth a go trying a second line its just weird as it has worked in the past flawlessly with only one line & I was using MGcamd then as well.

In regard to a receiver/setup fault what I dont know what else I can try, I think I have covered all the bases.

No I am just trying to record one channel and view another.

I think its worth a go trying a second line its just weird as it has worked in the past flawlessly with only one line & I was using MGcamd then as well.

In regard to a receiver/setup fault what I dont know what else I can try, I think I have covered all the bases.
Just add a second line into oscam and try that. At least your ruling out server issues.

Just add a second line into oscam and try that. At least your ruling out server issues.

So I have tried what you said and added a second line and its exactly the same.

I even tried disabling tuner A and then recording two channels so the box is forced to use tuner B & C but it is still the same.

Are these lines you're trying from the same supplier?
Just thinking of an experiment, disable the dual tuner and try using the single tuner. As the two channels you wish to record are on the same transponder you should be able to record and watch from the same. Not sure if you've tried this.

So I have tried what you said and added a second line and its exactly the same.

I even tried disabling tuner A and then recording two channels so the box is forced to use tuner B & C but it is still the same.
Ok, the issue is with the software on the receiver then, probably a driver issue were it's been updated when a previous version was ok.
Or get the receiver checked out under warranty to confirm its not a hard ware issue.
At least you have ruled out server issues.

You tried latest ATV and that was the same. Does sound like it but never heard of it and I'm not 2/3 cable to check mines. Good idea though going back to a previous VIX version that worked but be a reflash no restore I'm sure...

The VIX guys couldn't advise of anything different to try did they?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Back