Picture freezing when recording two channels

Ok, the issue is with the software on the receiver then, probably a driver issue were it's been updated when a previous version was ok.
Or get the receiver checked out under warranty to confirm its not a hard ware issue.
At least you have ruled out server issues.

My VU+ Duo2 is out of warranty now, I guess I could try and downgrade to a really olf version of Vix to see if the problem is still there.

And what about testing another box at yours or your box elsewhere?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I tried downgrading to really early versions of openvix but after setting up softcams fail to work (OScam/Mgcamd).

I have tried the following versions:

4.1.001 - Softcams work but problem persists.

So should I purchase another receiver?

Last edited:
I tried downgrading to really early versions of openvix but after setting up softcams fail to work (OScam/Mgcamd).

I have tried the following versions:

4.1.001 - Softcams work but problem persists.

So should I purchase another receiver?

sounds like it.

I use vm only and use the Technomate Tm Plus M2 which has a twin tuner and works very well.

Just wondering is your VU box a clone?

Is it worth trying the lastest Openvix 4.2.029?

sounds like it.

I use vm only and use the Technomate Tm Plus M2 which has a twin tuner and works very well.

Just wondering is your VU box a clone?

Is it worth trying the lastest Openvix 4.2.029?

I am running the latest Openvix as we speak but the problem is still there.

I purchased my Duo2 from W O S so I am pretty sure its genuine.

I was going to buy another Duo2 but was wondering if the ultimo 4k was worth a look?

Trying to future proof is there is such a thing.

Just a bit confused as the softcams failed to work on the earlier versions as I've used Hades, 3.2 and now currently 4.2 with no problems on the softcams.

If it has worked in the past did anything happen since then?

Just trying to help a fellow Duo 2 owner.

Just a bit confused as the softcams failed to work on the earlier versions as I've used Hades, 3.2 and now currently 4.2 with no problems on the softcams.

If it has worked in the past did anything happen since then?

Just trying to help a fellow Duo 2 owner.

Well on versions of openvix older than 4.1 I am unable to download plugins via the plugins menu as it just displays an error message.

Seems like the the address for the plugins server has change but obviously has not been updated as these versions are very old & no longer supported.

I tried installing them by copying the softcams folder in the usr folder via FTP when on the latest build of vix and then when I have flashed with an older version of openvix I just copied over the softcams folder back over via FTP.

Now I dont know if this is the reason for the cams not working as the may not have been install correctly using this method.

How are you supposed to install plugin's if the plugins manager fails to work?

new vix image by downloads would have had oscam but older images unsure as never used it?

google comes up with many suggestions when you input oscam ipk openvix.

I could be getting somewhere, I tired Openvix 3.2.033 and it seems to be working!

I could only try MGcamd 1.35 as thats the only .ipk file I could find on the Openvix site that will work.

I installed the OScam .ipk file on the Openvix site but OScam wont start so I can only presume that my config files are not compatible with these versions of OScam.

Good to hear that it's working on the earlier version. Is it rock solid on the earlier one and all three tuners with no break up?
You're a determined person working on it at 3:00am!!

I'm on latest OScam binary and twin tuners(ok he's 3 but still happening on 2) and I'm latest VIX. Weird...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Not had chance to tests as have been crazy busy but of what I have watched it seems solid.

I have upgraded to the latest version of Openvix (4.2.030) using MGcamd 1.38 and it seems fine.

I have no idea why it all of a sudden working, but to be honest I am not to bother as long as it stays that way:)

Back