1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture pixelating on all channels

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by mickyc1, Jul 7, 2018.

1. mickyc1

mickyc1 Registered

picture started pixelating on my h1 about an hour ago and it’s not a supplier issue as FTA channels affected as well, have rebooted box and removed and attached cables again but it’s still doing the same, see attached image. Signal rate is ~72% but not sure if this is low or not as I don’t check this usually. No reported issues for VM in my area. Anyone have any idea what issue might be?

Attached Files:

2. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

More like quality of cable or splitter in use

3. mickyc1

mickyc1 Registered

I’ve had the cable and splitter for over 3 years and had no issue up til now! Can splitters start to fail?

4. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

but what quality and what splitter?

5. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {builder
    yes, splitters do fail, no idea why but have a theory that they corrode inside - I've had quite a few in past 8 years, all good quality, Tratec, Technetix etc
    Try a Labtec from Screwfix if you have a store nearby, this is 90% certain to be a splitter/cable problem - obviously try the existing splitter again before you rush out to buy a new one, clean the threads and give it a good dose of looking at, then tighten the cables into it properly first, if no better, tgry a Labtec and report back

6. Lusset

Lusset Registered

Male
    My 18 year old splitter is still working fine.

7. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

cable splitter 5-1000mhz?

8. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {builder
    Yes I had the same one from 1993 to 2007 when I moved out and no trouble at all
    When I moved in my new place I had to replace the splitter as it was causing pixellation, this lasted about 6 months before it went the same way so i got a 2nd hand one from a dilapidated house i was working in, this failed about about 4 months and so on until i got a new Tratec about 2 years ago and this has been fine but I think I had over half a dozen that failed in those 8 years.
    Not sure if the newer ones made in last 5 years or so are the same standard as the old ones VM installed back in the day