1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture suddenly become unstable

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by esm, Feb 28, 2017.

1. esm

esm Member

Hi all,

I have been happily using a VU+ Solo SE v2 since November and am incredibly happy with the performance with a VM line.

On Saturday we had some VM issues in our street, connections were down for a 4/5 hours. This has since been rectified and supposedly everything is back to normal.

Since this time the picture on my box has become unstable. I have attached a screenshot (not my actual TV) to show roughly what I mean, the example attached is much worse than what I am experiencing.

The issue is occurring on both scrambled and non-scrambled lines so I am assuming a VM line issue.

I guess my question is how do I go about querying this with VM? Seeing as I only have a broadband package with them which seems to be pretty stable.

Any other ideas are much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!
    Jimmy

Attached Files:

2. leemoo

leemoo Member

First thing to check is to go to the VM website and check your area for any problems.

Login and see if there are any on going issues with your area. Quite possible they haven't resovled all issues if you've had a problem the other day.

3. esm

esm Member

Sorry to bump this but thought I would update and seek any further advice!

I have tested my box at my parent's house and the same issue occurred. This pretty much rules out the issue being my VM line in particular.

Interestingly the picture gets worse when I'm using my internet connection, in particular if I use the upload bandwidth.

Is a faulty tuner consistent with the symptoms I am having? I can't understand how using bandwidth would affect the tuner but this is so far my best conclusion!

VU have stated I can send them purely the tuner if it is faulty.

Link to video showing the issue:
    here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8CJGK4ARxNrZjNRZEEtakhRTWc/view?usp=sharing

Jim

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  4. bangord30

bangord30 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

What cam using? What splitter make and mhz using?

5. esm

esm Member

Please see image of splitter here:

http://imgur.com/a/SK28N

As for cam I'm using mgcamd but as I said it happens on FTA also

6. bangord30

1 to 5 HD isn't FTA if mean that?

7. bangord30

Splitter should be fine. Cabling has been fine then. Didn't look like line. Sounds like they've dropped your signal at the cab

8. esm

esm Member

Any idea what I can do about it? Or if they will even give me the time of day if I call?

9. bangord30

Just internet sub you have?

10. esm

esm Member

Correct!

Bearing in mind my parents live a few miles away surely its unlikely to be signal at the cab?

I will try to test elsewhere in the meantime

11. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Looks like a signal issue to me.
    Can you post a screenshot of your downstream readings from your router

bangord30 likes this.
  12. esm

esm Member

I will look this evening and report back

bangord30 likes this.