Pixelating/Freezing on VM

seanbage

Hi everyone.

Firstly, thanks in advance for your help or even taking your time to read my problem.

I've just set up my Zgemma H.2H on VM. The normal channels are fine, however the movies and sports are unbearable. They keep freezing and pixelating.

Im using a trusted supplier for the line, I've got the MGCAMD plugin installed as per instructed. I've got my broadband coming to the property, connected to a 4 way splitter. This then goes off to my SH3 and my box (about 4m cable length to my box) using a f socket to coax plug. Box is connected to SH3 using a wifi adapter.

I've tried using a different cable but this is still giving same results. So my next attempt is to try a new splitter (2 way) and a new f socket to coax.

I would appreciate a PM or reply on here with any possible suggestions.

Thanks again.

Yeah if a 4 way splitter is not needed replace it with a 2 way 5-100mhz technetix or tratec dont use cheap unbranded ones etc i would also directly connect ethernet to box if possible if not get yourself a set of homeplugs to connect to your box

Good advice by the guy above - what brand is the splitter you're currently using?

Try and always use the shortest length of cable possible for the job - WF100 is a good quality cable and having compression fittings on them is always better than the screw on connections.

Have you got the correct net id on your box too? worth checking that one out also.

Hi lads. Thanks for your replies. Jut looked at the splitter there and it is a general unbranded one from my local store. 5-240 MHz one.

That's my first plan to change that, I'll go to Maplin or Screwfix and get a decent 2 way one. Could you advise me on how to check the net ID?

What is the homeplugs you're talking about, do you have a link?

Thanks again

Menu > setup > service searching > Autbouquetsmaker > providers ... scroll down to V*rgin UK and in this general area, you'll see the net id ... cross reference this with http://h52tc.com/netids.html

Or you could get the 100% exact one from a genuine TiVo box if you can gain access to one in the local area.

Net ID may not be necessary though as I expect that changing the splitter "should" resolve your issue so in this order > replace splitter / check net id / get homeplugs but as said, first one should hopefully work :)

Hi Ste.

Thanks for the advice. I'll go to screwfix now and get that splitter and let you know of the result!

Reactions: ste
Hi everyone.

Just an update.

Box is working perfectly now, upgraded the splitter to Labgear one from screwfix and this fixed it immediately.

Thank you so much for your help.

Back