pixels

You could try a proper splitter - V*rgin use the Tratec / Technetix range of 5-1000mhz splitter ... I have used several of those Labgear 5-2400mhz ones from Screwfix though and all have been ok.

Is it the Webro WF100 cable you're using with the compression fittings?

Are you 100% sure there isn't another splitter anywhere on the same circuit?

Yes that's the cable the really thick stuff and yes compression fittings

I'm going to try my box at my sisters to see if it runs ok there as she has same set up as me
I tried it at my neighbours house but it's the same he has a h2s box not h2h

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a local problem then with the signal to noise ratio - a powered splitter may help but if it's local, VM should be able to fix the issue easily enough.

You can if you've got internet from them ... just tell them you've been checking signal levels on your router and the SNR is low and can they look into it.
great where would i find that on my router so i can at least sound like i know what im talking about

You'd need to log into your router - the IP address is usually 192.168.0.1 and the password can be found on the bottom of the router.

Hi I think so
It seems to be a problem with VM as my box works ok at a friends house
I've changed the splitter twice and all cables
A friend two doors from me has had a VM installation and it's down the engineer is coming out Tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tried my box at my mother in laws today and all ok there (its only the next street) so going to call VM tomorrow and see what they say as i pay for tv (£1.78per month) and internet with them hopefully they can sort it

Got mine sorted it was the green cabinet
they worked on it through the night
I got up next day and all is good thank god for that

Got mine sorted it was the green cabinet
they worked on it through the night
I got up next day and all is good thank god for that

As we figured didn't we.

And after them telling you it was all fine on the phone...

theyve told me the hard drive on the tivo is knackered lol how the know that is beyond me as its in the cupboard under the stairs.
waiting for new box to arrive then gonna give them another call

Back