PL football on 19.2e?

have you changed over your diseqc switch settings?
also, thats not the correct TP for M-futbol, 10818 V 22000
what receiver are you using.?
Don't know mate, m futbol was working fine up to yesterday, I'm using a vu+ zero for my 19.2 feed and an old amiko mini for 28.2, rock solid box, has never let me down.
I don't use a diseqc switch.

The baffling thing is I was getting decent signal strength in the kitchen for 19.2 but when I go back in to the living room I'm getting 0.

The baffling thing is I was getting decent signal strength in the kitchen for 19.2 but when I go back in to the living room I'm getting 0.

I thought one of the pictures was strength in kitchen, other one was in living room?????
if you are getting good signal in one location, and not another then that would suggest a cabling issue
is it dual LNB or are you simply swapping cables over?

Yeah I have a feed in my kitchen and a feed going in to my living room, I have to use the feed from my kitchen when I want to tune anything as I can see the TV in the kitchen from the dish. Found 28.2 no problem and locked the did in to place, took the feed out of 28.2 and put it in to the single LNB and found 19.2 and cable tied it in to place, that's the signal strength in picture 1. I disconnected that feed and put it back in to the 28.2 LNB and then put the feed for the living room in to the 19.2 LNB but signal strength when I connect up in the living room is zero.

so, you know the LNB works,
you know the dish is pointed at the right place

^ thats the 2 common parts of this system^

you know the cable to the kitchen works,
whats left that doesnt work?

is it the same box you are using in the kitchen and living room,?

is it the same box you are using in the kitchen and living room,?
Yeah, the vu+ zero.
The feed going in to the living room doesn't appear to be working, suppose it could be a cabling issue, the only way to find out is to put the feed from 19.2 in to the quad LNB and see if I pick up 28.2 on my amiko, might try that later.

you know the quad LNB is working,
you know the 19e LNB is working
you know the box is working
the only thing you have changed from the kitchen to the living room is the cable,
do you have dual feed to the living room? for both LNBs? you could simply try swapping them over, at both LNB end and box end

EDIT : you havent mixed up the tuners have you?

The vu+ zero is config'd to 19.2, the amiko can only receive 28.2.
I can extend the feed in my kitchen in to the living room, I've done that and 28.2 is coming in loud and clear as it is in the kitchen. I'll switch the feeds later if I get a chance and see how I get on. Coming up to KO time for the Liverpool game, thankfully I have the cable box in the kitchen to fall back on for sly.

The vu+ zero is config'd to 19.2, the amiko can only receive 28.2.
I can extend the feed in my kitchen in to the living room, I've done that and 28.2 is coming in loud and clear as it is in the kitchen. I'll switch the feeds later if I get a chance and see how I get on. Coming up to KO time for the Liverpool game, thankfully I have the cable box in the kitchen to fall back on for sly.
why keep changing the way you describe things?
I dont know what box you have where, so is the VU in the living room and the amiko in the kitchen?
or what?
do you only have one feed into the living room from 19, and no 28 feed there?
how many feeds in kitchen? just one for 28?

Originally my setup was a quad LNB locked on 28.2 with a feed in my kitchen (amiko) and a feed in my living room (vu+) and never had a problem.
A few weeks ago I got an extra LNB (single) and put that on to the arm of my dish and locked it on to 19.2 and cable tied the quad LNB on to that, pointing at 28.2. everything was working fine till yesterday. Decided this morning to switch the LNB's around to see if that would make a difference, the only reason I used the vu+ in the kitchen this morning was because it has a satfinder function on it and I find it very handy for hitting sats.
Config'd the vu+ to 28.2, moved the dish and found it no problem with the quad LNB on the arm, config'd the vu+ to 19.2, found it no problem with the single LNB and getting decent signal strength, cable tied it to the quad LNB. Put the kitchen feed back in to 28.2 and the living room feed in to 19.2, when I switch the vu+ back in to the living room I get 0 signal strength, the receiver is definitely config'd to 19.2.

ok,
its just when you change from saying living room to Vu I then have no idea what room you are talking about,
it doesnt matter what is configured for what,
your Vu picks up 19 in the kitchen, so it works,
when you put the vu into the living room it doesnt work,
so it has to be the cable,
there is only 4 parts to this,
dish, OK
LNB OK
box OK
cable , kitchen OK, living room FAIL

Yeah, as I said, I'll give the cable a check later, rule it in or out, just haven't had time to do it yet.
Thanks a lot for all your help/advice, time for the match now. :)

Having an absolute nightmare this weekend, put my TV on yesterday morning to watch the spurs game on m futbol and the screen was blank, no signal. 28.2 was fine on the other LNB.
I have a single LNB on the arm of the dish pointing at 19.2 and a quad LNB cable tied on to it pointing at 28.2. had a look at it and it looked like the heavier quad LNB was pulling at the single LNB and must have knocked it off position.
This morning I decided to switch LNB's and put the quad back on the arm and point it at 28.2 and cable tie the single LNB to that pointing at 19.2. I was doing this in the kitchen as I can see the TV from the dish in there.
Found 28.2 no problem and then cable tied the single LNB on to that pointing at 19.2 but m futbol wasn't clearing, checked sky Germany and that was working fine. Gave up in the end and switched my box back in to the living room and now I'm getting nothing on 19.2, aaaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhhh!
When I hook the feed from 19.2 in to my receiver I get 0 signal strength on 19.2 but when I connect the feed from 28.2 in to my receiver I get huge signal strength for 19.2.
My head is melted, anyone any ideas where I could be going wrong?
First picture is the signal strength I was getting in the kitchen for 19.2 (but no m futbol) and the second picture is the signal strength I'm getting if I hook the feed from 28.2 up to my receiver that is tuner config'd to 19.2.
The transponders on 28E & 19E are very similar, you are confusing the two,
Quote - "the second picture is the signal strength I'm getting if I hook the feed from 28.2 up to my receiver that is tuner config'd to 19.2"
the picture shows transponder 11954 H 27500, the same transponder is on 28E, if you tuned this in you would get "QVC UK", put the box to a FTA Channel on 19E and adjust the lnb to that instead.
A Twin lnb holder would be a far better setup than using cable ties, something like this, (as long as it fits the dish arm).

The transponders on 28E & 19E are very similar, you are confusing the two,
Quote - "the second picture is the signal strength I'm getting if I hook the feed from 28.2 up to my receiver that is tuner config'd to 19.2"
the picture shows transponder 11954 H 27500, the same transponder is on 28E, if you tuned this in you would get "QVC UK", put the box to a FTA Channel on 19E and adjust the lnb to that instead.
A Twin lnb holder would be a far better setup than using cable ties, something like this, (as long as it fits the dish arm).

for a couple of quid more he could get a longer arm that could even fit a 13e LNB on as well :)

Had a chance to go out and have another look and it appears to be a cable issue alright, hooked the living room cable up to the 28.2 LNB and my amiko and nothing.
Never happened before , what usually causes cable to fail like that?

Various reasons - if it's been twisted a lot etc. could have got water ingress over time but cable does generally degrade over the years.... how long has it been in place?

Try stripping the ends back and remaking the connections first before looking into replacing cable.

Not long at all then - not enough time for it to degrade that much anyway. Was it thin cable like the shotgun type?

Back