Cable Please help!

Still nothing! Grrrrrrd

When I click the ok button on the remote twice I can see I'm not connected to the line server!

Can't work out why not

Yeah it's definitely a cable line. It's the same line I had previously before my box got stuck in boot mode and I had to reflash it. It has been working without any problems for months now.

Can anyone suggest another image and set up I could use to reflash the box?

Thanks

What does it mean to ftp it? I copied the files into the keys folder in filezilla and it said it had uploaded it to the box

Ok I've reflashed the box again with the biohead image. I downloaded the dream explorer plugin to put my n line in that way.

In the keys folder there are 2 files 'mg_cfg' and I changed the name of the 'new files go here' file to 'newcamd.list' with the line in it.

In the softcam panel cam 1 is 'mgcamd_1.38r1'

What could be going wrong? The line from the provider is definitely put in correctly.

When in the softcam panel a message flashes up intermittently 'No new ECM info'. Could this be the problem?

I did a scan for the channels and they all came in ok but only the sd fta channels are playing.

I have received with few messages in my box regarding lines and test lines but I never give up on things and want to give this another go. This site is superb and such a great help. I am most likely going to get a line with one of the members who sent a message.

Thanks

I assume that Running out has tested your line for you because it sounds like you've done everything correctly just one more thing someone was having similar issues yesterday it turned out his fat cat pulled out the lan cable lol could it be the same for you

I haven't received a test line from anyone yet.

I'm checking the folders via dream explorer the 'mg_cfg' and 'newcamd.list' files are in the 'usr/keys' and 'var/keys' folders. Is this correct?

I haven't received a test line from anyone yet.

I'm checking the folders via dream explorer the 'mg_cfg' and 'newcamd.list' files are in the 'usr/keys' and 'var/keys' folders. Is this correct?

Yes that's correct do you want me to test your line? If you do pm me the details as given by your provider and your email address and if I can get it working I'll send you the newcamd.list file in an email

- - - Updated - - -

or try a test line if that works then its your line. are you getting an internet connection? Press menu, information, network you should have a green light at the bottom

- - - Updated - - -

Tested Line and it doesn't seem to be working ask your provider to test it

I got my line back up and running this morning. Port number changed in the line and it came on straight away.

I have lots of inbound messages regarding a new sub so I will get through them in the next day or so and choose one.

Thanks folks for all your help with this. Its massively appreciated. A superb forum full of special people!

Back