plex

can someone educate me on this.

some of you are aware I have been noseying around peoples unsecured openwebifs. While I have been doing this I have always had a look to see what plugins people have installed.

Now the last one I got into had dreamplex. This can be downloaded here.
https://github.com/DonDavici/DreamPlex/releases

This seems perfect for the question asked above.

now it is my understanding that plex is just like a media server. You put your files on a plex server. stream them to where ever you want.

In this persons dreamplex plugin, this person had 1000s of films, tv shows, music etc.

So are their free/paid plex servers out there that have all this dodgy stuff on, or would this person have downloaded it all themselves.

No from what I can understand you can buy a subscription just like card sharing there's a few people asking for them in the iptv section

Right so I have registered at plex.tv to see what the craic is with this.

Set up my own server on my comp for testing.

dreamplex plugin seems to work perfectly well with my server, but I need to buy a plex subscription (£31.99 pa) to invite other people to my server, and I need a good collection of material in my library to share with others so they will invite me to their server.
** correction it looks like you can invite friends without a sub **

I get it now. It's all about sharing and spreading the love.

research over.

---------- Post Merged on 17-01-2016 at 12:07 AM ----------

lets see what I can sponge off reddit users ;)

Last edited:
Do you have to pay for plex pass to share your stuff? You never used to. I'm plex pass anyway so have my library shared out with family and friends. Kiddac try Emby if plex want cash to share your media https://emby.media/

Edit:
Looks like you can share your stuff for free but setting up customised lists for people is plex pass.

Btw there are lots of plex servers out there for around £3 a month if you don't have your own library.

Last edited:
pay... pffftt.... I never pay for anything ever... you want something for free, it can be found for free with a little effort.

I downloaded it but asks for a server which i dont know where or how its not like in firestick where i just connected and added a friend who has loads of films abailable on there

You need to buy a subscription of someone who does them or as kiddac says do a bit of research and find someone that dose them for free

hey kiddac thanks for the dreamplex link :grin:

plex is free but some devices you have to pay to unlock it or it limits playback to ten mins... but if you want it set up at home and u pay £3.99 a month for premium, then you can add home users and only the main account will need the premium...ive got it streaming to 2 nvidia shields and 2 firesticks all from one account :grin:

ive had a server 2 weeks , 700 movies so far.... just trying to work out how to share it with the outside world...

ok so i have a plex server for the kids, and i let a few mates log on, when the go to plex it will ask you to login or it will bring up a pin, i log into my account and put in this pin and they can get everything

the other way is to add friends and share with each other

Hi

i think I'm not quiet getting this plex thing...I've downloaded and installed plex on my iPhone, and added 2-3 people but I can't seen any movies or anything?

i have been reading on reditt a bit about it.

if you add them, you are sharing your library with them.
If they add you then they are sharing there files with you.

---------- Post Merged at 12:09 PM ----------

you normal have to have something to offer them, for them to want to share with you. Its give and take.

Back