plusnet mobile closing down

siilver

TK Veteran
dont know when just seen online.
i have been with them for many a year now and its going to be hard to get a better or equal deal.

18gb / unlim txts/call £9.18 a rolling month

they have some exclusive ee deals if you want to go with them
5gb £8
10gb £10
20gb £12
125gb £15

anyone in the same boat. also nice not going any information from plusnet on this

MSE website states,

'Plusnet Mobile is closing down in the "coming months", which means all of its customers need to switch provider if they want to keep using their handsets – particularly if they want the same phone number.'

The BT Group, which owns mobile network EE and Plusnet Mobile, wouldn't tell us how many customers are impacted by the closure or exactly when their Sims will stop working, but it said customers would "be the first to know".

In the meantime, you can continue to use your phone as normal and you'll still be billed as usual.

Plusnet Mobile is closing down to make way for EE to become the BT Group's main mobile brand. Plusnet's broadband and home services are not impacted and will continue as normal.

All Plusnet Mobile users will be able to switch penalty-free as a result of the closure, even if they're mid-contract. When you switch, your service will be cancelled and you'll be told by Plusnet if there are any outstanding charges and the date you'll need to pay these by.

You can find out if any fees apply and details about your contract by:
  • Texting INFO to 85075.
  • Calling Plusnet for free on 500 from your Plusnet mobile.
  • Calling Plusnet on 0800 079 1133 from any other phone.

there is alot of cheap data deals at the mo, shame none of them are with ee network that i can see

well thats fortunate i just left plus net mobile last month ,they put price up a lot ! and not surprised if loads left! ( also ditched plusnet isp after 8 years! due to price incrase), gone with talk mobile , 30 Gb ( 5G) unlimited texts , calls, on a monthly contract £ 7.95 ( and a little bit of cash back)good service so far no complaints, ( went to one stream for isp , good speed, reliable so far, but they did cut land line off when i asked to retain!)
dean.m

+1 for talkmobile , uses Vodafone network , cheap sims , go through uswitch and they have better offers than on talkmobile website

I use smarty mobile they 30gb for £10, you can get cheaper if you get family onto group plans.

i Have no complaints with them.

Almost all monthly plans are unltd SMS and mins, it's only the data plans that differ.
If you can, check back over the year and see how much data you used each month.
I don't use much as everywhere I go has WiFi which my phone connects to when I go there.
I get 3gb for a fiver from Lebara, best thing is it can be used abroad.
Almost all other companies have implemented overseas data to a max of 3g regardless of what plan you are on, with mine I can get a 10gb package when I'm traveling and use all of it abroad

If your looking for EE look at the following

TalkHome Mobile
1P Mobile
RWG Mobile
Now Mobile
CMLink

Might find something worth getting for example

RWG do 5GB for £5 and includes 5G
TalkHome do 20GB for £10 and includes 5G
1P Mobile offer 50GB for £15 and has Full EE Network Features such as 4G/WiFi Calling

Almost all monthly plans are unltd SMS and mins, it's only the data plans that differ.
If you can, check back over the year and see how much data you used each month.
I don't use much as everywhere I go has WiFi which my phone connects to when I go there.
I get 3gb for a fiver from Lebara, best thing is it can be used abroad.
Almost all other companies have implemented overseas data to a max of 3g regardless of what plan you are on, with mine I can get a 10gb package when I'm traveling and use all of it abroad
I’m on Lebara as well , currently in vegas , phone only works on Wi-Fi , was here in November as well and was same . Was in Majorca in April and again my phone only worked on mobile. Am not complaining mind cos I don’t want to use it abroad other than on free Wi-Fi.

I’m on Lebara as well , currently in vegas , phone only works on Wi-Fi , was here in November as well and was same . Was in Majorca in April and again my phone only worked on mobile. Am not complaining mind cos I don’t want to use it abroad other than on free Wi-Fi.
You have to enable mobile data.
Camping in the forests of France the WiFi is non existent, mobile data is the only option. You may have to look at your settings, I've never had a problem using mobile data in Europe.
Never been to America because it's full of Americans and I would rather stand naked in a bucket of cold shit than speak to those people .

Cold.
Not warm.

Are there any PAYG deals about for unlimited data on the EE network? Doesn’t have to be EE - any piggyback network would be fine.

O2 allow 25gb allowance while roaming in europe for free as part of the Volt benefits.

Thanks for that.
Still no unlimited PAYG on EE though - it’ll come at some point, although you can get an add on for £40 but only once every two months on their PAYG plan.

Thanks for that.
Still no unlimited PAYG on EE though - it’ll come at some point, although you can get an add on for £40 but only once every two months on their PAYG plan.

Keep an eye on www.hotukdeals.com for deals, you can set alerts for every time an EE deal is posted if you use the HUKD app.

If you're not bothered about staying on the EE network, I've recently just picked up unlimited mins/texts, 30GB data and EU roaming from Virgin for £10 a month - 30 days rolling contract. Once they fully migrate you to O2 (some time before December 2023), they will double your data too (and of course O2 priority/rewards).

Bit late to the party but I can reccomend UKs cheapest PAYG mobile tariff - They're a VMNO using EE's FULL infastructure including Band 20. They have rolling contracts as well. Good alternative to EE whilst still getting EE speeds.

I luckily have the Plusnet/EE 125GB data for £12 (With my partners NHS discount) saving £3.

I reccomend 1Pmobile as an alternative though if you want EE.

Back