Pointers...

ste

TK Veteran
Just after a bit of advice incase i'm missing anything. A friend of mine moved house which is in the next street to me and same net id as mine and in his previous house which is only a few minutes walk away. He has a zgemma h2.h which worked fine in his old house and fine in my house when i updated it for him but in his new house, he's getting pixellation on all channels including the 1-5 sd fta.

So far, i've checked wiring / changed wires / removed or replaced splitters / removed isolators . re-made cables / tried 3 different tratec or technetix splitters and all the same outcome.

I think i've ruled it down to being an issue with the router (VM Hub 3) as when this isn't on, the picture is fine but as soon as it's fully booted up, pixellation on the screen.

I didn't have a computer / laptop with me yesterday so i'm going to go back today armed with one and log into the router and try changing wi-fi channels, disabling 2.4ghz network and leaving 5ghz one on and vice versa, try disabling wi-fi altogether if no luck there and then as a last resort, also try putting into modem mode and using another router for wi-fi... i'll also check power levels whilst i'm there as I haven't done that yet due to not having laptop with me.

So, could I be missing anything else?

Take the router out of it and try the box with the full connection
Just too test

See if that fixes free view for now
If it does, get a powered booster

New street will be different. Different users and different loads

Yeah sounds like a power level issue when the modem is also connected etc but also check wiring etc in omnibox outside if you already aint because some are not best sealed against the weather etc :(y):

Possibly maybe just a signal strength issue which i'm going to check with laptop hopefully today or maybe tomorrow but taking the router out and connecting directly to zgemma gives perfect picture quality as does when I plug the router back in until it's fully booted up then the pixellation starts.

I checked the brown box outside, removed the 2 way splitter as it wasn't needed any longer and put a F to F joiner in there. I also removed the isolator from the white box inside and done the same to test but the outcome was the same. I run a new wire from the white box inside to the splitter / zgemma to rule that out and no difference.

The fact it's only doing it when the router is fully booted up makes me think it could be a wi-fi interference as I think the wi-fi is the last part of the boot process?

I haven't looked at websafe settings, never done this before so can't see it making a difference but it's something else to check... thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

Been back today, tried putting the hub 3 into modem mode - no difference. Tried disabling wi-fi - no difference.

Had a look at power levels which seem to be low (dropping below the threshold of -6)... Just wondering if it's worth a call to VM to ask them to look into it and hopefully put it up a tier or two.

Back