poor signal rare on v/m

borolads

hi i have just been gave a h2h ( lucky me ) just trying the cable side of it but cant get a good signal on it even bbc is only about 29 % i have a new splitter on it and new cable all of v/m anyone got any ideas cheers never had this much trouble with my sv 7 ROFL

Last edited:
29% is what you should see on all channels as its a flaw with the Zgemma, its not showing a true signal reading

its sd channels to

---------- Post Merged at 11:15 PM ----------

yes got the net id right teesside its a brand new cable i got with my new router push fit one

You CAN NOT SPLIT A SAT SIGNAL (unless running through a modulator of some discription) from the Sat Dish IT WILL NOT WORK. So remove any splitters.

BBC and ITV are FTA and if they are glitchy it will be due to one of a few factors.
1. Sat Dish is slightly out ie not locked on to astra 28.2 properly (azimuth,skew or perhaps out by 1-2degrees.
2. LNB skew is slightly off or lnb is breaking down=faulty.
Poor F connection at either end of the cable (strand off braiding touching the copper core) this will earth out your signal. Or possibly shyte cable.
Hope this is of some help Regards Erb.

---------- Post Merged at 05:03 AM ----------

Also check if box is set to 1 or 2 input cables this could possibly make a difference.

---------- Post Merged at 05:05 AM ----------

Also check if box is set to 1 or 2 input cables this could possibly make a difference. Check for tuner strength and quality.
OP it's using cable NOT satellite

CAN NOT SPLIT A SAT SIGNAL
ignore this poster hes a newbie 1st poster... never even read the opening post

[h=2]poor signal rare on v/m[/h]
as garyth said m8 take apart the splitter and make sure all the conections are tight when re-doing them

Never had a problem with Konig splitters

V/M use 5-1000Mhz

I also use good patch leads, the £5 kits off Ebay fall to bits.

F connector.jpg

Try a test line from someone on here first if you haven't before paying out for a new splitter if yours is fairly new

Nicky, no test required here pal. This is a signal issue, if bbc and itv sd are freezing its a signal issue. Its to do with the incoming feed to your property or the splitter, its a pain in the arse trying eliminate the issue so its best to start direct from source and work your way forward.
If possible take the incoming feed and place it straight to the box and check FTA, if it still freezes then its the incoming feed, if it stops its not between the splitter and box

I had same issue
I was using vm with no service from them (tv, broadband) and signal was fine.
I got there fibre 50 to gaurantee connection and once installed in had nothing but freezing.
I no the server is solid so put it down to the splitter i was using the one thats recommend on here.
Spoke to someone on here who sent me a powered splitter with a booster built in.
Since then its been perfect.
I have looked everywere for you to find this splitter it has the official vm.logo on it but thats it.
I will post picture when home from work for you.

Hi guys some of my channels seem to freeze i can only put it down to poor signal but im on virgin and didn't expect this, oh ive had it plugged straight into source with no splitter and the signal is still poor any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Back