Poor signal strength on VM line for cable TV

Hi everyone I have just bought a zgemma h.2h, I have connected tuner B up to the same line feed as my virgin broadband through the the uhf feed is this correct please? I put a splitter between them and there is a 10db filter between them as well, which the virgin engineer installed when he re-done my broadband. There is another slot next to the uhf input at the box on the wall saying TV but I don't thing you can connect anything into that input I think it has been blanked off. I am concerned because I am only getting 29% signal strength on all the channels, this surely must be higher, please help which way to go. Many Thanks Bonesy

By adding the Splitter to use the Zgemma you also increased the signal loss to around another 6db remove the original fitted 10db attenuator and try again

Signal strength is way too low.

Could be a bad connection, is your feed to the box going to ANT IN ?

and using one of these screwed into the patch lead from the splitter ?

ariel.jpg

Do the channels work ok? It seems to be a bug in the zgemma DVB-C software, I can put an H2 or H.2H on my connection and they all read 29% on every connection I've ever put one on, whereas my xtrend reads between 55% and 90% on same channels, its best ignore that reading unless channel picture problems

Thanks for the feedback chaps, I can not take the 10db filter out otherwise I will have no connection for my broadband, but the channels seem to work ok, was just surprised on such a low signal strength return, but thanks gmangt4 for letting me know about the software issue, it's always good to know that it is nothing that I'm doing wrong and to find out it is out of my control in this case with Zgemma boxes software problems. Thanks again Bonesy (y)(y)

Do the channels work ok? It seems to be a bug in the zgemma DVB-C software, I can put an H2 or H.2H on my connection and they all read 29% on every connection I've ever put one on, whereas my xtrend reads between 55% and 90% on same channels, its best ignore that reading unless channel picture problems
Interesting. My h2h also says 29% yet on an old box it's 99%. Must be a software bug.

all boxes you will get different readings so which one is correct? as said if hd picture is good and recording works must be ok.

Back