Poor WiFi on Your firestick. Go Ethernet

Just plugged one in and boom what a massive difference no more annoying buffering at peak times which in my house is nearly all days ffs lol happy days :(y):;););)

Is there any way to get ethernet on a 1st gen FireStick? Just bought the adaptor, plugged it all in and no wired connection.....turns out they don't work with 1st Gen

That should work but after buying your conversion kit not cost effective..

My solution would be reflash 1st gen. Stick with kodi 17.6. Fresh install Sell on eBay with converter . Then purchase a 2nd gen stick.

Found a more simple way, spoke to Amazon, said my Firestick 1st gen is very poor, runs slow, poor performance.......their answer, sounds like it's faulty, send it back and we will send you a new 2nd gen.....result!!

Got the new FireStick and it won't recognise the wired connection. Is there anything that needs changing in settings etc or should I assume a faulty adaptor?

Ethernet cable into adaptor, this then plugs into FireStick and power supply via 2 cables. It's not the ethernet cable or router port as both work fine on my smart TV.

Tip: Use the HDMI extender or adapter included with your Fire TV Stick to optimize the physical location of your device and improve Wi-Fi connectivity. Use the power adapter included with your device for optimal performance.
To connect to a Wi-Fi Network:

1. Select Settings > Network from the Fire TV menu. Your device automatically detects nearby networks.
  2. Select your preferred network. If you don't see your preferred network, it might be hidden. Select the Join Other Network or Rescanoptions at the bottom of the list.
  3. Enter the network password, if needed. Some networks are open for everyone to join, while others require a password to connect.
  4. A confirmation message appears on-screen when your device is connected to your selected network.

That may help m8

Last edited:
Tip: Use the HDMI extender or adapter included with your Fire TV Stick to optimize the physical location of your device and improve Wi-Fi connectivity. Use the power adapter included with your device for optimal performance.
To connect to a Wi-Fi Network:

1. Select Settings > Network from the Fire TV menu. Your device automatically detects nearby networks.
  2. Select your preferred network. If you don't see your preferred network, it might be hidden. Select the Join Other Network or Rescanoptions at the bottom of the list.
  3. Enter the network password, if needed. Some networks are open for everyone to join, while others require a password to connect.
  4. A confirmation message appears on-screen when your device is connected to your selected network.

That may help m8

Thanks, had a read but doesn't suggest anything to solve it. I'm thinking the adaptor may just be faulty, I'll send it back and get another.

Back