Power in box but nothing else

ryan7

My aerial slipped out the back of the box causing it to lose signal.
I screwed it back in and it first it was trying to Boot but it didn't.
I then switched off the power and now trying the same however now its only the blue light and nothing else happening.
anymore no how to fix this ?
thanks

Keep your finger on the remote standby button for a few seconds and see if it boots.

Then if it boots, go into the menu and change the standby option as it could be in "deep standby mode"
which makes it sluggish and you may think the remote isn't working.

You could try the button on the actual box, or try and reflash direct from the boot screen,

you used to be able to put in a USB stick in the BM7000s and force it into
flashing from boot.

If this doesn't work here

Try contacting blade support and ask the how to flash the box from boot mode.

Just tell them you where trying to update their latest "official" firmware and it didn't flash properly.

There have been posts similar to this in the past and I'm sure the boxes where recovered, but can't remember
exactly how it was done.

neither worked - thanks again.
it's less than a year old so would it still be covered by manufacturers warranty?

Okay, the box only seems to Boot when the aerial signal is removed. When I screw it back in it cuts out.
When the box is on standby and the signal screwed in, it will not switch on.
I'm stumped!

This is for the BM 7000, that's not to say it will work with the BM 5000 perhaps trying it as a last resort.
To reset the box to its factory default state do the following: With the box turned off hold the MENU button down on the front panel. Power the box up while still holding the menu button down. You will now see the Engineer Boot Menu. Select Option 4 to perform a factory reset on the box. PLEASE NOTE: This will erase all user settings ( sub line) on the box and return it to its factory state.

I'll maybe give that a go later lac. Thanks.
The only way I can get the bm5000s to Boot up was by holding in the OK & power button.
is it worth while doing a factory reset by selecting it from the the settings menu?
Will I be able to use the same line?

Same line can be used.
Did you look at the initial cause of the problem, the F connector on feed, perhaps not fitted properly.

Yeah, I have two Sat feeds coming in and both work on a Sky+ box.
it's less than 12 months old. Will the box be covered with manufacturers warranty?

Reckon warranty will be void as patched firmware has been installed.
The input for the feed if slack, turn power off tighten connection it maybe touching something inside box, if box is open warranty will be void for sure.

Its bizarre. I can get my box booted up without thr aerial displaying the message (!No signal (tuner1), as soon as I begin to screw it in, it cuts to Blue light boot mode only without logo on the screen.

Selected factory reset option from menu however it doesn't seem to have rectified the issue.
As soon as the copper wire is slotted into the aerial bit, the box flips.

Is it possible to flash your box with official firmware without any trace of the hack files & switch back if u want?

Yes you can do that if you need to take it back the shop, the firmware is on their website.

Did you contact blade, they don't need to know you are using 9991 firmware.

They are usually very helpful.

HTML:
http://www.blademedia.tv/bm7000ssupport.html

You are not splitting one of the feeds from your official skybox to run the blade are you ?

Last edited:
Thanks Bees.
No, only the blade is plugged in at anytime.
What happened was, I pulled the box out to clean behind it and the cable came lose from the silver screw fitting and that seems to have tripped the box.
I contacted blade who said I should contact my seller (on eBay) who said I should return it to him for review - only if 3rd party firmware has not been loaded on.
I'm fairly sure this is a build/mechanical failure.

Exact same thing happened with mine wouldn't boot with aerial lead connected I reinstalled existing firmware (September 12 2014) with aerial and hard drive removed, checked lead (I had a stray strand touching on center core of coax) reconnected lead and booted straight away no problem no need to factory reset.

word of warning never ever remove or refit cables or connectors when box is on as you can short out something,you mean your sat feed from dish and not your aerial feed from aerial on roof or cable feed i presume?

word of warning never ever remove or refit cables or connectors when box is on as you can short out something,you mean your sat feed from dish and not your aerial feed from aerial on roof or cable feed i presume?
Yes sat feed from dish.

When you say 'strand' , do you mean the silver wire?
Which menu setting do you download without using USB? Unfortunately I've already done factory reset so will need to start from scratch.

Back