power levels

Thanks for that. I’ll see what they have to say about it and if they aren’t willing to do anything then I’ll go for it.

I’m out of my contract now so I could try threatening to leave for sky if they don’t want to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet no, tried getting through to them the other day but no joy. Been away since so haven’t had chance to get onto them.

My SD channels are fine, just having a nightmare with HD - but only on one box... I’ve just switched all my channels to SD for now and it’s spot on

They said on the forum it can take about a week for them to catch up on a topic posted there so I’ll leave it until Sunday. Got another box in another room as said which does work properly on HD so I can always go to another room.

Im still having bad picture..vm said engineering in area should finish today but i doubt it..i cant use a powrred splitter as i gave no mains socket free..

I have had to get iptv now..

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah posted a couple of times on there before and seems to take ages for any response sadly :(
I rang vm now..they did something over the phone and the line is finally good no glitch or judder for the game.
They said they will monitor the line..should i disconnect my box or leave it on???

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Finally got an engineer coming out next Monday. I won't be in but got someone to come over and see to him - will they need to see both (if any) feeds? just so I can stick my official box back on one of them and then have the router where it was installed. If they even care, that is.

I wouldn’t be shocked if after all of this it was still partly down to a shit server to be honest but at least once this is hopefully resolved I’ll be able to know that’s what it is for sure.

good that you got things sorted, I had similar issues but my power levels were like minus 11, I had a signal booster that I wasn't using so hooked it up to the cable that goes into the hub and just altered it until I got power levels as close to 0 as possible across the board, I noticed when I cranked the booster up to full power I got power levels of 16 lol, but mostly my power levels are around 1 average now and my viewing experience is alot better now, some channels will always run shite, nothing can be done about those ones but the majority working fine is the main thing.

Hopefully things get sorted without cost to you having to buy a hdu or owt but its not the end of the world and rewarding to do a bit of troubleshooting keeps us all sane :(y):;)

Hi
Just curious as to what the normal power levels are ?
I have constant freezing on music channels and a few other like comedy ect.
My power levels are between 6 and 8.5..is that too high ?

Not sure to be honest mate. Think that’s probably fairly close off the top of my head.

Virgin guy came out this morning (still here in fact) and sorted my power levels so hopefully this will sort my problems.

Interestingly he swapped in that new V6 box without even asking/being told that’s what we wanted. We had one of the TiVo boxes from last year. So they’re obviously making a massive effort to get rid of anything that takes a card.

Back