Prerequisites for NLine

Paul_B

Lads,

Looking for advise on setting up a box with a NLine...

I currently have VM TV subscription and Vodafon broadband. Can you tell me if the below is correct for setting up a NLine..

1. Enigma2 box with DVB - C/T tuner
2. Enigma2 image such as openatv
3. mgscamd 1.38 installed
4. Live VM feed
5. NLine details
6. Broadband connection (I have Vodafon)

Am I missing anything?

Also, if I cancel my VM sub and "reconnect this myself" so I have the 17 analogue stations will this work with the NLine?

Or should I just downgrade to the cheapest VM package and do it that way?

There is a guide here

Go for Openvix rather than OpenAtv it's more popular, unless you are thinking about a Zgemma
and the flashing guides for them will be in each section.

As long as you have a live VM feed into the house, a broadband package and a working Nline you will get all the channels

Last edited:
There is a guide here

Go for Openvix rather than OpenAtv it's more popular, unless you are thinking about a Zgemma
and the flashing guides for them will be in each section.

As long as you have a live VM feed into the house and a working Nline you will get all the channels

Thanks mate.

What box would you recommend if you dont mind me asking?

Would love a VU Solo2 but its a bit pricey so looking for cheaper alternatives.

I would go with any official box that best suits your budget,

Have a quick read here

They will all be decent if you go to WOS

I would go with any official box that best suits your budget,

Have a quick read here

They will all be decent if you go to WOS

Thanks again...

One more question, if I wanted to watch something and record something would I need two feeds into the box or how does it work with cable boxes?

There is only one cable into my current VM box...

You would need a splitter kit to split the feed. They are about a fiver on Ebay.

Or some boxes have a "loop" connection which can be used. Duel cable tuner boxes are quite expensive.

Something like the Xtrend 8000 is £175

Also make sure your server allows multiroom on cable so you can watch two channels at the same time (one recording / one viewing)

Last edited:
You would need a splitter kit to split the feed. They are about a fiver on Ebay.

Or some boxes have a "loop" connection which can be used. Duel cable tuner boxes are quite expensive.

Something like the Xtrend 8000 is £175

Also make sure your server allows multiroom on cable so you can watch two channels at the same time (one recording / one viewing)

The Xtrend is a nice piece of kit alright...

I have just set up my first satellite box (wetek play) and I am trailling a cline, however some of the sports, movies and documentary channels are a bit glitchy and have audio sync issues.

Would a NLine in a cable box be a better option for me?

Can you get HD channels with a NLine?

Nlines have worked better for me but if it's a bad server won't make any difference, on the glitching front I had some on my duo2 but I fitted an attenuator and it fixed my glitching problem. That's if it's glitching on the picture as opposed to freezing might be worth reading up on it only cost a fiver so was worth a go also make sure all connections are screwed in tight.

Only read a few threads as there doesn't seem to be much
to look up on the wetek boxes. From what I can gather the Kodi (IPTV) is ok
but the sat and cable tuners are as bit weak.

Servers for IPTV are charging about £25 per month so that put me off a bit, service is supposed to be good though.

People where opting for android type boxes along with a separate sat or cable box.

That's all I've read, but got no personal experience, a few members on here have posted about them.

You need a cable server if you want all the HD channels, won't matter if you use a C or N line but it must be a cable line as opposed to a sat line

Last edited:
A friend of mine has about 20 ANALOGUE channels coming into his house. Is it possible to get a cable line working with that?

When I do a cable scan on the TV I can see lots of different channels but they are all encrypted

Back