problem flashing sucmnsee. help please ;-)

Noste500

Im having a bit of an issue flashing my new 2s . Ive down loaded sucmnsee's image ... first question

do I save
the whole file? ( the one call vix hades )
the second one ( zgemma)
third one ( sh1)
or the 5 items in the final folder ( as in copy and patste all 5 on to usb stick )

Ive tried formatting ( fat32 ) and no joy . also tried hdd guru low level format then windows slow format and no difference... box just boots ( no flash or usb on front of box )
Ive tried 3 different usb drives ( one was Kingston 8gb )
none have flashed and when I put them back in to laptop there is 2 extra files called movi and timeshift in there....

Ive been and bought a Kingston 32 gb usb pen drive and tried without formatting , no joy.
now im doing the hdd guru format and windows format to see if it works.
Am I doing something wrong? box is brand new from a reputable source. and it boots to openatv.
thanks in advance guys.

Are the 3 files in 1 folder called zgemma? Just move that folder on to the usb.
Are you saying you are having trouble formating your usb to fat32?

There is 5 files inside sh1 --- which is inside zgemma ---which is inside vix hades hope that makes sense ;-)
not having issues formatting , just wont go to flash;; just boots up.
cheers

I'm having trouble flashing also, I flashed it from openatv to hades openvix black but want to flash again so I can get the updated version for sly skin, but now I'm unable to flash it just goes to boot.

Is the Vix hades folder the same name as the zip file? And does it contain files?
I'm a noob myself but flashed my box last night, I'm pretty sure if you copy the folder zgemma and contents to the fat32 formatted usb, plug in the rear usb then power on, this should flash.

Is the Vix hades folder the same name as the zip file? And does it contain files?
I'm a noob myself but flashed my box last night, I'm pretty sure if you copy the folder zgemma and contents to the fat32 formatted usb, plug in the rear usb then power on, this should flash.

Yes the overall file is called vix hades etc.......and I have done what you have done with no luck.
cheers

---------- Post Merged at 03:18 PM ----------

before I load the image again onto my freshly formatted Kingston and Toshiba sticks ....... which file do I load ?? as I explained in the 1st post I want to ensure im loading the correct file.
this will avoid waiting for ages to format in between attempts ;-)
thanks

Unzip the file that you downloaded , and there the be a folder called zgemma vix hades open it and copy and paste the folder called zgemma to a USB , plug into the back of the box and then switch it on,it should say flash on the front of the box .

As above, not sure what else to suggest. Does your box start, maybe a factory reset, not sure what that would do and how it could help, clutching at straws.
I think it has something to do with your usb sticks though

Yes its the Zgemma folder you have on the Usb Old usbs tend to be a problem they will work on a computer but not on these boxes, but will work for recording Hdd guru low level format tool and a FULL windows format (not quick ) fixes about 90% I have used a Kinston Data traveller 8gb G4 on over 50 boxes with out a problem

Ok . Will try as above just the zgemma folder into usb ( freshly guru and windows formatted )

In answer to above what does the box do at present : it just boots up with open atv .

Will report back .

---------- Post Merged at 05:19 PM ----------

update. used the Kingston 32gb and its flashing ;-)
cheers for all the help techkings ...

Back